2020 Eastern Conference 1st Round

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

3 out of the 1st 4 picks of that draft are not good shooters..

1 - Fultz 

2 - Lonzo -

3 - Tatum

4 - Josh Jackson..

One reason why In would stay far away from LeMelo and his 2 handed jumpshot...

Fultz just needs to find his 3 pt stroke, which is getting better since his TOS injury. His mid-range game is already beautiful.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

What is their usual strategy?

dropping lopez in PnR and basically letting bigs get the open (or late contested) 3pt shot

they have counters (late switches, hedges by weakside until the big recovers, hard rotations, etc) to it but they super stubborn

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Fultz just needs to find his 3 pt stroke, which is getting better since his TOS injury. His mid-range game is already beautiful.

Genuinely think he takes a massive step forward next year. You could see it all year he got more and more confident in his jumper and his 3 ball is starting to fall. All he needs is 2-3 a game and he's a totally different player.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:07 PM, champ11 said:

it's really bad man. i mean giving a max (edit: not a max but over 100m) to an old dude because you're worried about the 10 mpg Embiid is off the floor is brutal. giving up a ton of assets for an impending free agent in Harris ... maxing him instead of Jimmy. HUGE bad move on top of HUGE bad move over there. it's tough. Embiid and Simmons deserve better. And Brown has to go for sure, but he was set up for failure. 

Brown is definitely gone after this season. Even with the Simmons injury, we have the talent to win a playoff series or two and go on a little run, but not with his coaching.

Embiid IS good enough to carry a team in the playoffs. Maybe not to a title yet (not with this roster and coaching) but we could beat the Celtics. Just not with Brown as coach.

Brand and Josh Harris deserves a ton of the blame as well. They kept Brown way too long, spent 109 million on freaking Al Horford when we could have used that money to sign, oh I don't know, Malcolm Brogdon (who would be a GREAT fit on this team, and make us Finals contenders) or even resigning JJ. 

I do think we have some good 3 pt shooters right now (Richardson and Harris are both about 37-38 percent shooters, Burcs is a very good 3 pt shooter, Tisse is only at 35% right now but he's solid, and his defense is other-worldly). Like, we HAVE  squad that's capable of making SOME noise in the playoffs. But we have to feed Joel and let him wreck s*** in the post. He literally just had THE best post-shooting numbers other than Dirk from 2011 (something like 1.12 points per post-up on a ridiculous 8 attempts a game)

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

3 out of the 1st 4 picks of that draft are not good shooters..

1 - Fultz 

2 - Lonzo -

3 - Tatum

4 - Josh Jackson..

One reason why In would stay far away from LeMelo and his 2 handed jumpshot...

Fultz and Lonzo were both 40%+ 3 point shooters in college on a high volume of attempts too. LaMelo has struggled to shoot the ball at every level already, going to be interesting to see how he shoots in the league. But to me he has major bust written all over him. 

50 minutes ago, baconrad11 said:

Brown is definitely gone after this season. Even with the Simmons injury, we have the talent to win a playoff series or two and go on a little run, but not with his coaching.

Embiid IS good enough to carry a team in the playoffs. Maybe not to a title yet (not with this roster and coaching) but we could beat the Celtics. Just not with Brown as coach.

Brand and Josh Harris deserves a ton of the blame as well. They kept Brown way too long, spent 109 million on freaking Al Horford when we could have used that money to sign, oh I don't know, Malcolm Brogdon (who would be a GREAT fit on this team, and make us Finals contenders) or even resigning JJ. 

I do think we have some good 3 pt shooters right now (Richardson and Harris are both about 37-38 percent shooters, Burcs is a very good 3 pt shooter, Tisse is only at 35% right now but he's solid, and his defense is other-worldly). Like, we HAVE  squad that's capable of making SOME noise in the playoffs. But we have to feed Joel and let him wreck s*** in the post. He literally just had THE best post-shooting numbers other than Dirk from 2011 (something like 1.12 points per post-up on a ridiculous 8 attempts a game)

100% agree with this. I feel the Sixers already have a squad capable of making the Finals, but the coaching is severely holding them back. Well, coaching and injuries, but you can't really account for the latter.

I wish Simmons was healthy, but this is what the rotation should be:

Simmons/Milton
Korkmaz/Burks
Richardson/Thybulle
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Horford

Such an underwhelming team.

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

100% agree with this. I feel the Sixers already have a squad capable of making the Finals, but the coaching is severely holding them back. Well, coaching and injuries, but you can't really account for the latter.

I wish Simmons was healthy, but this is what the rotation should be:

Simmons/Milton
Korkmaz/Burks
Richardson/Thybulle
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Horford

Such an underwhelming team.

Dude, just defense alone this team should have been the best in the NBA. They were 6th, which is pretty good, but not when you consider the defenders this team has.

Richardson has underperformed most of the season offensively but on defense he's very good. Simmons (pre-injury) was a DPOY candidate. Embiid is a DPOY candidate. Thybulle is arguably the best rookie defender we've seen in 20+ years. Horford is very good on D. And Tobias Harris is anything if not solid on that end.

I think part of it is the weird fit, but most of the blame lies on Brett Brown. He's just bad. This team should have been suffocating teams all season long, but instead they were this just balloon of disappointment. 

Thybulle is great, shame he's on the 6ers. Loved him ever since I watched 75 percent of Fultz' Washington games. 

Guess I don't blame the Cs for trading him in that he'd have trouble breaking a rotation of Hayward/Brown/Tatum/Smart but I guess it would have been better to keep a defender like that on your bench for emergencies.