Fall Guys

scar988

Downloaded it last night to see what all the fuss is about. It's cute. Pretty fun. Not sure there's enough content there to keep me engaged for that long though. I've seen every game mode and map at this point, and I'm already getting bored of some of the less interesting ones (I really don't like any of the tail hunting ones.) I get the feeling it's only a matter of time before the ones I do like lose their luster.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

My boys are into this right now, but I agree, this seems more like a 1-2 month fad than a big thing.  The fad game my boys are still playing after the hype died down some is Ultimate Chicken Horse

I love the premise of Ultimate Chicken Horse. Problem I had was just kind of varying levels of skill in my friend group. We'll play stuff like Mario Kart or Smash, where the items and stages can make for enough randomness to even stuff out. Or at least allow for an interesting race for 2nd and 3rd or 4th place. Or like Jackbox where gaming talent doesn't really matter. And then co-op stuff it doesn't really matter, as long as there's fun and/or booze. But Chicken Horse was like 90% of the time being won by the same person, who was just the best at platformers, and then it just turns into a game of how everyone can screw over that dude, but then no one is completing any of it, so it just lost it's luster too fast for us. I imagine we'd have loved it if we were all similarly good or bad, though.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, THE DUKE said:

My boys are into this right now, but I agree, this seems more like a 1-2 month fad than a big thing.  The fad game my boys are still playing after the hype died down some is Ultimate Chicken Horse

Watching my boys play this while they’re laughing hysterically is hilarious to watch. Some of these levels are a pain tho. I like the obstacle courses better than the other ones tbh. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Team games are the worse... I took 1st place in the first two rounds just to have to play soccer and get knocked out.... I hate Hate HATE the fricken team games. 

Tail tag, team or not, and the egg game are by far my least favourite.

I have a handful of wins, maybe 4 or 5, but every win is on the same final stage - the one where you jump over the spinning things and the platforms fall down. I am like 0/10 on the Mountain race one with the crown at the end, and maybe 0/3 on the hexagon one. 

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Tail tag, team or not, and the egg game are by far my least favourite.

I have a handful of wins, maybe 4 or 5, but every win is on the same final stage - the one where you jump over the spinning things and the platforms fall down. I am like 0/10 on the Mountain race one with the crown at the end, and maybe 0/3 on the hexagon one. 

I like tail tag when its a free for all but the team game sucks. I have never lost a tail tag. I think i'm just great at dodging other players. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I like tail tag when its a free for all but the team game sucks. I have never lost a tail tag. I think i'm just great at dodging other players. 

Yeah it's definitely not too hard, I just don't find it enjoyable to run around for 90 seconds. Team tag is awful. The only team game I like is the jumping through rings one, and the soccer game. 

I hate the egg one so much, hate the 3 team ball one where you have to keep balls in your zone, and am indifferent towards the pushing the balls down the track to the end one.