Early Game: Dolphins vs Saints Gamethread

GOGRIESE

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

The Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL. The Niners, Jets and Colts at least score. 

I can't believe the reason for this team looking like this is because of Tanny's injury. He looked better with Gase but he was just another cog in the machinery and not a guy that would carry the team on his own. 

I just got home from a picnic.  I see the Dolphins have scored zero points and we are into the 4th quarter.  Is that because the Saints defense has been playing well, or the Dolphins offense is that bad - or maybe a combination of both?

On a side note, it's really unfortunate what happened to Ryan Tannehill.  My cousin has worked closely with Tannehill's grandfather.  I have met him a few times and he was a great guy and always started glowing when someone brought up Ryan.  I really liked Ryan Tannehill a lot when he came out of Texas A&M and continue to be a fan of his.

5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I can't believe the reason for this team looking like this is because of Tanny's injury. He looked better with Gase but he was just another cog in the machinery and not a guy that would carry the team on his own. 

Well I know the Dolphins have held the Saints to only 13 points, but that's largely because of the Saint's own problems. Miami still have the worst LB core in the NFL and a terrible secondary. There's positive things I've seen from Tankersley, but Howard has been off, Maxwell is terrible, and everyone else isn't worth mentioning. Alonso is overrated. Jones isn't the same player after his injury. And having a good D-line doesn't mean anything when the QB can get the ball off in 2 seconds on you.

With that said, the offense should be light years better than this. Even with Tannehill, I don't know much better they would be because the play calling has been so atrocious. Tannehill would at least move his legs and try to make plays. Cutler doesn't give af. They need to bench him for Moore. 

It's just a recipe for a team getting a high draft pick right now. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I just got home from a picnic.  I see the Dolphins have scored zero points and we are into the 4th quarter.  Is that because the Saints defense has been playing well, or the Dolphins offense is that bad - or maybe a combination of both?

On a side note, it's really unfortunate what happened to Ryan Tannehill.  My cousin has worked closely with Tannehill's grandfather.  I have met him a few times and he was a great guy and always started glowing when someone brought up Ryan.  I really liked Ryan Tannehill a lot when he came out of Texas A&M and continue to be a fan of his.

Well, Dolphins should have seven, but Cutler threw a boneheaded pick in the end zone.  Combination, I'd say.  Plus refs are ridiculously flag happy today, stalling drives.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Not to take anything away from the Saints, but they are that bad on offense. They made the Jets look like the 85 Bears as well. 

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Well, Dolphins should have seven, but Cutler threw a boneheaded pick in the end zone.  Combination, I'd say.  Plus refs are ridiculously flag happy today, stalling drives.

Great to hear about the Saints defense.  Looks like they may be starting to build some chemistry and consistency after their performance vs the Panthers and today vs the Dolphins.  Granted, the Dolphins and Panthers aren't very good, but it's still great to see their defense playing well.

1 minute ago, Lilseb93 said:

Well I know the Dolphins have held the Saints to only 13 points, but that's largely because of the Saint's own problems. Miami still have the worst LB core in the NFL and a terrible secondary. There's positive things I've seen from Tankersley, but Howard has been off, Maxwell is terrible, and everyone else isn't worth mentioning. Alonso is overrated. Jones isn't the same player after his injury. And having a good D-line doesn't mean anything when the QB can get the ball off in 2 seconds on you.

With that said, the offense should be light years better than this. Even Tannehill, I don't know much better they would be because the play calling has been so atrocious. Tannehill would at least move his legs and try to make plays. Cutler doesn't give af. They need to bench him for Moore. 

It's just a recipe for a team getting a high draft pick right now. 

oh no you didn't :D      Loved Alonso in his rookie year with us. He's a good player for the right system (wide 9 perhaps)

I noticed very poor tackling from that defense today. 

Regarding Moore, no doubt, Cutler has been robbing teams blind with his big arm and the potential to some day get it togheter, that ain't happening. 

Archived