Early Game: Dolphins vs Saints Gamethread

GOGRIESE

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Never seen a bigger "I don't give a crap" QB-receiver duo in the NFL than Jay Cutler and Julius Thomas.

Most Dolphin fans didn't think Thomas was going to pan out. Miami just wanted to get something out of Albert and hope they could light a spark in Thomas. He looks done. I expect Thomas to be potentially benched as well. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So what you're saying is that Gase is trying to blame the offensive woes on the players instead of himself for trying to run the exact same offense that he did in Chicago? 

Gase deserves more blame than anyone. The play calling has been beyond atrocious. It's been downright embarrassing. He needs to give up his play calling duty to an OC. Cutler has been a joke, but that doesn't excuse Gase. 

2 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Most Dolphin fans didn't think Thomas was going to pan out. Miami just wanted to get something out of Albert and hope they could light a spark in Thomas. He looks done. I expect Thomas to be potentially benched as well. 

Yeah, I get why the Dolphins made the move. Julius quit caring in 2014 when he milked a minor injury for two months. Once he got paid, I think everyone knew what was coming. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, I get why the Dolphins rolled the dice there. Julius quit caring in 2014 when he milked a minor injury for two months. Once he got paid, I think everyone knew what was coming. 

Agreed. Fasano can't be much worse. He can at least block unlike Thomas. 

1 minute ago, Lilseb93 said:

Gase deserves more blame than anyone. The play calling has been beyond atrocious. It's been downright embarrassing. He needs to give up his play calling duty to an OC. Cutler has been a joke, but that doesn't excuse Gase. 

Agree 100%. He must not realize that just because it worked in Chicago doesn't mean it will work everywhere else. Different players with different skill sets. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Agree 100%. He must not realize that just because it worked in Chicago doesn't mean it will work everywhere else. Different players with different skill sets. 

Even in Chicago, it's not like Cutler lit the world on fire. It was a good year because he didn't turn the ball over as much. If I recall, when Gase was there Bears fans were bitching they didn't throw deep enough and the offense was too focused on throwing short passes. Sounds familiar. 

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Cutler looks so bad. For a guy who is supposed to survive on his arm strength, he's just bouncing throws to the sideline. I'm encouraged since I'm going to the Dolphins/Titans game next week, but I really didn't think he'd be this bad. 

The problem is, he worked on his arm strength too much. Dude's gotta lay off the 'roids!

Image result for jay cutler bodybuilder

4 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Even in Chicago, it's not like Cutler lit the world on fire. It was a good year because he didn't turn the ball over as much. If I recall, when Gase was there Bears fans were bitching they didn't throw deep enough and the offense was too focused on throwing short passes. Sounds familiar. 

I agree that he didn't 'light it up', but it was efficient. And in Gase's defense, the lack of deep attempts had more to do with not having that real down field deep threat either after the injuries at wide-out, mainly Meridith.

But still, it's no excuse for not at least trying to change it up, even just a little. That just shows his lack of creativity and inability to adjust.

9 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

oh no you didn't :D      Loved Alonso in his rookie year with us. He's a good player for the right system (wide 9 perhaps)

I noticed very poor tackling from that defense today. 

Regarding Moore, no doubt, Cutler has been robbing teams blind with his big arm and the potential to some day get it togheter, that ain't happening. 

Dolphins run the wide 9. Alonso is better in a 3-4, or 4-3 Under that features some 2 gap DL play to keep him clean. He's been awful in Miami besides a few splash plays that get highlighted. 

Legitimately one TD in 3 games. That last desperation score vs the Jets in having to call a TO with 6 seconds left was simply a gesture to save face in the box score. Gase needs a good long look in the mirror and I'm not sure he even knows at this time if a HC will be looking back at him. I sure don't think so. 

Congrats to the Saints and on their shutout. 

9 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Great, now we're gonna actually have idiots claiming "the saints defense is good now because they shut down 2 inept offenses, so that means Bradford is a good qb because he tore up a good defense" -___-

Nope.  Even in our own forum none of us think they are close to good.  At best I can get people to agree with me that the defense might be closer to average than historically bad.  I mean it's probably still in the range of 20-25 at best, we are just happy they are showing any signs of life at all.  I mean in years past our best CB was open field.

Archived