JETS SIGN CHRIS HOGAN WR

doumeyer

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

With the injuries mounting up at WR the Jets picked up 32 year old Chris Hogan. How much help he will be I have no idea. How can we except Darnold in improve if we can't get him tier one WR's. 

Because Sam has shown he needs protection more than “tier one WRs”

If Sam needs great WRs to be great then well we have a problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Because Sam has shown he needs protection more than “tier one WRs”

If Sam needs great WRs to be great then well we have a problem. 

I am not so sure about that, In the offseason JD work hard to improve the O line and the line looks better on paper than last years team. But right now we have to many rethread receivers on the roster except for Mims. With Anderson gone we have no receivers who scare anybody.  Only time will tell what our WR's will do during the regular season. Like to see Bell catching more passes coming out of the backfield, he was so great doing that when he was with the Steelers,

I’m not overly concerned, Sams been at his best when his protection has been just league average in terms of pressure’s, we’ve gone 7-1 I believe in these instance and Imo our WR core is close to the one we had last year but has a lot more potential 

Perriman scares people.  He has elite deep speed.  The OL just needs to hold up and we need the trio of Herndon, Crowder, and Bell to stay healthy.  That is plenty good.

Hopefully Mims and Smith are back soon.  Having another guy who take take the top off the defense will be nice opposite Perriman.  That will open up the field for the other 3 who are the keys to the offense.

Need those OTs to play at a high level from the start though.  That is the scariest thing to me.  Need Fant to be the guy we think he can be and need Becton to not have those rookie learning issues.  If the edges hold up we'll be ok.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Perriman scares people.  He has elite deep speed.  The OL just needs to hold up and we need the trio of Herndon, Crowder, and Bell to stay healthy.  That is plenty good.

Hopefully Mims and Smith are back soon.  Having another guy who take take the top off the defense will be nice opposite Perriman.  That will open up the field for the other 3 who are the keys to the offense.

Need those OTs to play at a high level from the start though.  That is the scariest thing to me.  Need Fant to be the guy we think he can be and need Becton to not have those rookie learning issues.  If the edges hold up we'll be ok.

Which side does Perriman play? Left or Right.

57 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think the Jets should bring in Dez Bryant and see if he has anything left. Hogan is below average and I think Bryant can be above average. 

He hasnt played in two full years. We have to do better than that Sam deserves it. Just my opinion though. Was always a big Dez guy. Not playing for two years is a deal breaker for me though at his age, plus his game speed really declined in 2017.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:46 PM, Rockice_8 said:

He's the X in this offense.  Not set to the right or left.  They won't ask Mims to beat press coverage often as a rookie so Perriman will be the X WR and Mims the Z.

I mean which side does he stand out in the practice, left or right.  I was hoping for right side so that way it can improve Darnold's ability to throw right.   If all comes from left side then we have a problem.