What current QBs are in your Hall of Very Good

patriotsheatyan

Here's the thing with Cam: You reward stats for everyone or you reward them for no one.

He's got a legit shot at 300 passing TDs, 80 rushing TDs, 50k passing yards, and 8k rushing yards.

Hes also a league MVP and he took his team to the Super Bowl. 

He has an NFCCG on his resume with 380+ yards of offense with 2 passing and 2 rushing TDs.

He had a bad SB like lots of HoF QBs.

His last playoff game was pretty sweet as well (he got hurt by a receiver dropping a TD pass that hit him in the hands)

• A 105 passer rating in the Dome is no joke

BTW, its not just that Rivers has lots of regular season numbers. Its that he is one of the all time worst playoff performers in 11 playoff games.

His biggest playoff moment was watching his backup lead a GWD.

I can't remember that guy's name right now but he has as many playoff GWD as Rivers.

Most of his TDs came at the end of 17-24 point annihilations where the D is trading yards and points for time.

I'm not even saying that Cam is better than Rivers, i am saying they both probably get in on stat accumulation.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, Warhorse said:

Cam a better QB than Stafford? Seriously?

Is this a serious question?, Stafford is 9-62 vs winning teams, How is that being a better QB? A better QB actually leads his team to wins and wins against legitimate teams, not just fill the stat sheet with meaningless stats....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Hall of Very Good, among active QBs?

- Rivers,

- Ryan,

- Cam,

- Stafford.

I'd like to include Roethlisberger and Wilson, but I think both of them have done enough at this point to probably make it in, but they're not automatic locks like Brady, Brees or Rodgers. The titles help Roethlisberger, and Wilson's got a ring too, another appearance, and a couple of MVP-caliber seasons, along with being the face of a pretty iconic Super Bowl winning team.

Rivers, Ryan, Cam and Stafford have all done a lot, and have made good careers for themselves. But I don't see any of them getting into the Hall if they were to retire today, unless they wait a long time, make a career as a coach or announcer, and get in the good graces of the voters.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

On 9/17/2020 at 7:25 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Is this a serious question?, Stafford is 9-62 vs winning teams, How is that being a better QB? A better QB actually leads his team to wins and wins against legitimate teams, not just fill the stat sheet with meaningless stats....

Define winning teams. At the time or record at the end of the season?

Also, that stat doesn't tell me anything about how he played in those games.

And I don't think Stafford will ever seen as anything more than a good QB. An extremely large part of that blame goes to the team he was drafted into. Doesn't seem like the Lions will ever get it right. 

Edited by BofaDeez54927

On 8/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, SkippyX said:

Warner is the best QB to ever play for 2 different NFL franchises (Arizona and St Louis/LA)

• He took two terribly awful franchise to the Super Bowl a total of 3 times.
  • Both teams were terrible before him and returned to awful soon after he left.

Peyton Manning?

He took two teams to Super Bowl a total of 4 times, two each with four different head coaches. The Colts picked #1 the year he was drafted, and #1 the year he was hurt.

19 hours ago, Trojan said:

Peyton Manning?

He took two teams to Super Bowl a total of 4 times, two each with four different head coaches. The Colts picked #1 the year he was drafted, and #1 the year he was hurt.

The 2 franchises are Arizona/St Louis Cardinals and St Louis/LA Rams.

As in the best Cardinals QB ever: Warner

The best Rams QB ever: Warner

The best Dolphins QB ever: Marino

The best Patriots QB ever: Brady

Warner gets listed twice. not that he is the best QB to ever switch teams.

FYI, There is no way in hell that Peyton on Denver was better than Elway's entire career. Its not even close.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, SkippyX said:

The 2 franchises are Arizona/St Louis Cardinals and St Louis/LA Rams.

As in the best Cardinals QB ever: Warner

I think this has less to do with Warner, more to do with the inept state of Arizona/Phoenix over the past few decades. Who would be QB #2 All Time? Carson Palmer? Neil Lomax? Jake Plummer? Ditto with St. Louis/LAR. #2 would be Jim Everett? Marc Bulger? Heck, Jared Goff? On the other side of the coin, it's possible that Manning is #2 for BOTH Indianapolis (Baltimore)/Denver (Johnny Unitas/John Elway). 

This isn't a feather in Warner's cap, it's an indictment on the Cardinals/Rams operations. Likewise, it's not a knock on Manning, it's a testament to getting HoF QBs for Indianapolis (Baltimore)/Denver.

In a vacuum, I take Manning for the "best QB to play for two franchises" discussion hands down. He was setting and/or breaking records with both teams, took both to two SBs, won one with each; I don't think there's a single measure you can look at that would have Warner ahead of Manning.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think this has less to do with Warner, more to do with the inept state of Arizona/Phoenix over the past few decades. Who would be QB #2 All Time? Carson Palmer? Neil Lomax? Jake Plummer? Ditto with St. Louis/LAR. #2 would be Jim Everett? Marc Bulger? Heck, Jared Goff? On the other side of the coin, it's possible that Manning is #2 for BOTH Indianapolis (Baltimore)/Denver (Johnny Unitas/John Elway). 

This isn't a feather in Warner's cap, it's an indictment on the Cardinals/Rams operations. Likewise, it's not a knock on Manning, it's a testament to getting HoF QBs for Indianapolis (Baltimore)/Denver.

In a vacuum, I take Manning for the "best QB to play for two franchises" discussion hands down. He was setting and/or breaking records with both teams, took both to two SBs, won one with each; I don't think there's a single measure you can look at that would have Warner ahead of Manning.

Its Brady easy.

Brady is so much better than Manning in New England than Manning's entire career and now he's played for 2 teams.

I'd take Montana over Manning too.

If the question is best QB to play kinda sucky in the playoffs as his teams won Super Bowls in multiple cities then by all means... Manning.

He's not even the best playoff Manning. (Eli's 8 games > Peyton's entire playoff career)

Best QB to go 1-and-done 9 times over multiple teams? Manning

• Brady has 3 one-and-dones
  • Joe Cool has 4
  • Wilson has 1 out of 7 tries so far

TD to INT on SB runs:

• Manning's 4 SB runs - 15 TDs 13 picks
  • Warner's 3 SB runs - 23 TDs 10 picks
  • Montana's 4 SB runs - 32 TDs 10 picks
  • Aikman's 3 SB runs - 17 TDs 4 picks
  • Brady's 9 SB runs - 53 TDs 21 picks
  • Eli's 2 SB runs - 15 TDs 2 picks
  • Bradshaw's 4 - 20 TDs 13 picks
  • Elway's 5 - 19 TDs to 15 picks  (5 rushing TDs)
  • Big Ben's 3 - 14 TDs 8 picks
  • Wilson's 2 - 9 TDs to 5 picks (4 came after he was left in the game when Clay Mathews gave him a concussion)
  • Jim Kelly's 4 - 13 TDs 16 picks

Peyton Manning is a playoff joke. (when comparing the playoff greats)

Edited by SkippyX

21 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Brady is so much better than Manning in New England than Manning's entire career and now he's played for 2 teams.

We're two games into the Tom Brady in Tampa Bay era, and it's been a mixed bag at best. I'm getting feelings of Johnny Unitas as a Charger, a guy who has the name - but the performance is not there.

23 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I'd take Montana over Manning too.

Montana's KC stint was injury riddled, he never played any more than 14 games in those two years. He had an incredible playoff run in 1993, but his KC stint wasn't exactly 5,000/55 TDs like Manning in Denver, right?

26 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If the question is best QB to play kinda sucky in the playoffs as his teams won Super Bowls in multiple cities then by all means... Manning.

I feel like there's a bias against Manning that I'm missing. Hey, I get it - that man ruined the AFCS for a very long time. He didn't really play up in his SB victories. 

But... C'mon. Brady two questionable games into his TB tenure? Montana in KC, when he went 29/16 in 25 games?

C'mon man, at least bring up Brett Favre and his GB/Minnesota stint. That argument holds some sort of water, this one doesn't.

31 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He's not even the best playoff Manning. (Eli's 8 games > Peyton's entire playoff career)

One team, doe. 😅

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Best QB to go 1-and-done 9 times over multiple teams? Manning

• Brady has 3 one-and-dones
  • Joe Cool has 4
  • Wilson has 1 out of 7 tries so far

TD to INT on SB runs:

• Manning's 4 SB runs - 15 TDs 13 picks
  • Warner's 3 SB runs - 23 TDs 10 picks
  • Montana's 4 SB runs - 32 TDs 10 picks
  • Aikman's 3 SB runs - 17 TDs 4 picks
  • Brady's 9 SB runs - 53 TDs 21 picks
  • Eli's 2 SB runs - 15 TDs 2 picks
  • Bradshaw's 4 - 20 TDs 13 picks
  • Elway's 5 - 19 TDs to 15 picks  (5 rushing TDs)
  • Big Ben's 3 - 14 TDs 8 picks
  • Wilson's 2 - 9 TDs to 5 picks (4 came after he was left in the game when Clay Mathews gave him a concussion)
  • Jim Kelly's 4 - 13 TDs 16 picks

Peyton Manning is a playoff joke. (when comparing the playoff greats)

At this point, I don't know what you're arguing...

Just now, SkippyX said:

In 4 Super Bowls Peyton Manning has 3 TD passes to his team and 2 to the other team. 🤣

• Montana 11 TDs to 0 picks
  • Brady  18 TDs to 6 picks with 1 returned.
  • Warner had 6 TDs to 3 picks (Law and Harrison to the house)

Just now, ET80 said:

At this point, I don't know what you're arguing...