What current QBs are in your Hall of Very Good

patriotsheatyan

Man some of these names even manage to disrespect the almost-but-not-quite semi-hallowed Hall of Very Good.

Philip Rivers is the perfect candidate. If I was really REALLY going to try and maintain the utmost integrity of the actual HoF, I was probably reluctantly relegate Kurt Warner to the HoVG. Matt Ryan would probably go here too, but even that might be pushing it.

Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford are laughable to even be considered. I mean maybe I would laugh slightly less at Stafford, but it would still be an unconcealed snicker.

I'm not putting Palmer in, I guess I'd put Donovan in but it's interesting how sometimes he looked fire and other times he looked soooo so bad. I like Cam but I don't think he'd quite be in the HoVG. Maybe Vick would be in just because of the wow factor and it was so different, but I dunno for being such an exciting player he was only somewhat intermittently effective as a QB.

Some older bros: Ken Anderson, Boomer, and Cunningham would be in the HoVG.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:14 AM, patriotsheatyan said:

If Stafford retires with 70,000 yards and 400 touchdowns, that is Hall of Very Good even without any playoff success or MVP level play. And Stafford is far enough into his career that he will probably get to that level. 

Ew. I don't think any other player more perfectly epitomizes the empty passing yard explosion of the 2010s than Matt Stafford. Like he's the poster boy for the era of any mediocre QB being able to throw up 300+ yards per game by playing from behind with the offense-heavy rules that got put in place. In how many seasons was Stafford a consensus top 10 QB? Maybe 2??

His completion percentage, ypa, and TD:INT lag behind his HoVG peers, and he has ZERO notable postseason success to buoy his case.

If your quarterback is a notch or two worse than Stafford, you're actively trying to figure out how to upgrade at QB.

7 hours ago, DannyB said:

Ew. I don't think any other player more perfectly epitomizes the empty passing yard explosion of the 2010s than Matt Stafford. Like he's the poster boy for the era of any mediocre QB being able to throw up 300+ yards per game by playing from behind with the offense-heavy rules that got put in place. In how many seasons was Stafford a consensus top 10 QB? Maybe 2??

His completion percentage, ypa, and TD:INT lag behind his HoVG peers, and he has ZERO notable postseason success to buoy his case.

If your quarterback is a notch or two worse than Stafford, you're actively trying to figure out how to upgrade at QB.

This. Stafford basically shows if you can be a standard run of the mill franchise QB for a team longterm you will put up numbers. His Wikipedia accolades page is hilarious. Fastest player to do x, y, and z as if those are records that Mahomes isn’t already trashing and then has one pro bowl