Week 4: Jets Vs Jags

Dr.O

Lol who would have thought we,d be tied with NE after 4 games. 

I seriously don’t know what to think. On one hand i’m Impressed with our defense but on the other i’d still would rather see the rookies at WR.

Back on the first hand, McCown is so much better than Fitz. Even if he doesn’t throw the long ball he’s accurate on the short passes and probably knows his limitations so unless he’s injured or falls apart I don't think we will see Petty or Hackenberg until we are eliminated from playoffs. That probably means we will draft another QB with two unknowns on the sidelines. 

The coaching staff is proving a lot of us wrong. I'm really impressed. McGuire looks like a steal.  All I wanted was the team to stay competitive so we don't look like a joke. I didn't watch, but I like ASJ's numbers . Not great, but a decent start after suspension. 

I have loved having ASJ so far. This team has more talent than it's given credit for. Obviously we need to see how the rest of the year goes but if the OL can play like that, the weapons seem more than capable, and the LBs start playing better than it opens the possibility of two things; 1) We won't have to spend as much at other positions and can sign Kurt Cousins and then draft BPA or 2) We can splurge in FA at our weakest positions and trade whatever it takes to get up to the top pick.

or we vs a real team, get demolished and grab our pitchforks haha either way I'm still pleasantly surprised.

I know we're supposed to be "tanking", but I absolutely love this team. I don't remember a Jets team who played as hard as this group in years. We're a ways away, but becoming a winner won't happen by tanking (see Cleveland). Like that we're a tough group and I have a feeling this kind of team mentality will carry over year after year more than any one draft pick can. Go Jets. 

It's nice to see that we're not very good at tanking. At first I just really didn't want to go 0-16 and have that hanging over the team forever, but if the 2005 and 2007 teams could win four games, maybe this year's team can too. Tough remaining schedule though outside of the browns, dolphins, and chargers. Hopefully we can stay competitive and keep finding some good young players.

Archived