Week 4: Jets Vs Jags

Dr.O

16 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Bowles can win a point back if he benches Wilkerson, now is the time. Dude has given up and I wouldn’t care if he never played another down for us.

I was wrong on this one, total downward spiral since he got paid. He’s haynesworth

I agree. I absolutely hate him. Idc how much we still owe him. Cut him after this year hes a bum with a bad attitude. Sheldon at least showed up and played hard every snap no matter what position we put him in. We signed the wrong guy. 

51 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I agree. I absolutely hate him. Idc how much we still owe him. Cut him after this year hes a bum with a bad attitude. Sheldon at least showed up and played hard every snap no matter what position we put him in. We signed the wrong guy. 

I don't think Bowles will hesitate to bench Wilk, he's done it in the past. I agree I want no part of Mo moving forward.

Ealy has been a great find for us. He is a more natural player in that Richardson spot (OLB/DE hybrid). I love how this move is panning out.

I still think we should switch to a 4-3 to maximize production from our front 7, but I am not complaining right now.

It feels good to see the team win a few games, and stun the NFL world in the process.

On 03/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Bowles can win a point back if he benches Wilkerson, now is the time. Dude has given up and I wouldn’t care if he never played another down for us.

I was wrong on this one, total downward spiral since he got paid. He’s haynesworth

I can barely believe it. I'd always thought Wilk was a great, hard-working professional. What a shame.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

I can barely believe it. I'd always thought Wilk was a great, hard-working professional. What a shame.

He really was, right up until he broke his leg/got paid. Since then like he doesn't care, it's a shame because he looked like he was going to be a cornerstone on this team. 

25 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

He really was, right up until he broke his leg/got paid. Since then like he doesn't care, it's a shame because he looked like he was going to be a cornerstone on this team. 

I cant believe how wrong I was on this as well. I was sitting at training camp in cortland staring at a Wilk and Richardson jersey. Bought wilk thinking he was going to be on this team for years. Cut bait with him and start spreading the money elsewhere.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Nah it was before that I will tell you what did it for me.

Were in Green Bay in 2014...We are dominating at first. Game gets closer...Mo gets ejected, i forget for what and hes laughing and smiling. Form that point on i said "eff this guy hes the furthest thing form a leader". Its the truth and even though Manish is Manish hes not the only beat writer to attack Mo's leadership and accountability. Is what it is. Use the money else where. Just sucks we lost Snacks as a result. 

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Nah it was before that I will tell you what did it for me.

Were in Green Bay in 2014...We are dominating at first. Game gets closer...Mo gets ejected, i forget for what and hes laughing and smiling. Form that point on i said "eff this guy hes the furthest thing form a leader". Its the truth and even though Manish is Manish hes not the only beat writer to attack Mo's leadership and accountability. Is what it is. Use the money else where. Just sucks we lost Snacks as a result. 

Wow, completely forgot about that game. You are absolutely right. I don't know if I would have not signed him because of that one game though. For me it was after the leg injury.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Wow, completely forgot about that game. You are absolutely right. I don't know if I would have not signed him because of that one game though. For me it was after the leg injury.

No definitely not from the one game but thats when my attitude changed toward him really being one of this teams cornerstones. The one thing I love about this years team is that its new, its hungry, theres constant effort all game even if the score doesnt always dictate. Mo Wilkerson still does not look among them, and this is after we stripped the team of what it felt like was the problem. Doing this in part so guys like Mo who are now the longest tenured (imagine that) could step up and be a captain and a leader and he just isnt that guy. Honestly I can even respect that part. Not everyone is meant to be the guy. Some like to just show up to work take care of business, keep your head down, and keep it moving. Mo is neither. Mo doesn't play with a motor or a mean streak or with a consistent effort. Maybe Mo is just an average 5-tech end. Those are the players you don't hang on to. Not for 17 million annually. Right move to sign him, Mac would have been crucified otherwise lets be honest, but we gave it two years, and after two years it hasn't been worth 8 million. Money would be worth more elsewhere and we wont miss a beat without him. The 29th ranked rush defense cant get much worse, and its not like hes had many sacks or generating much pressure. Sheldon may have been a wild card at times to put it lightly, but that man showed up and played hard every snap every game. Those arent typically the guys you want to let go of but we really had no other choice after gambling on Mo. 

Archived