Cowboys DT Gerald McCoy feared to have torn ACL

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

1st and 10 isn’t a run down for smart teams

Also I wouldn’t think Snacks or Dareus is going to take the minimum. Maybe Jernigan

Jernigan signed with Jags. Id take a run at Dareus

He was just going to be a big body in the middle. Downside of his career, declining production, ongoing and lingering health issues limiting him for a few seasons. It's a loss, but not a big one. Just got to get one of these younger guys ready sooner. Rather see what they can do anyway.

I don’t wish ill on your team, I don’t root for them, but I don’t not like them either.  My brother and uncle are huge Cowboys fans and I watched a bunch of your games this offseason on game pass.  So I am interested.

That being said, I was just thinking yesterday if I was a fan I would be worried about continuing health of middle of defense throughout season.  

DTs are always fairly injury prone due to nature of job and Dallas is going with some older guys.  Vander Esch sp? Has neck issues which is never good long term.   Sean Lee would be a hall of famer, but for his numerous injuries.  And Jaylon Smith had a horrendous injury in his past.

Then I wake up and see this.   That sucks.   Doesn’t mean any of above has to happen, just that I would be thinking of contingency plans for each of those guys.

Love what they are doing on offense.  Loaded.  I would want Dallas late in year when hopefully from opponent standpoint they are depth challenged defensively, definitely not early.  

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

wow, the disrespect 

Solid buisness move. The guy is up in years, done for the season, no idea what he will have when/if he returns.

This FO is FINALLY doing smart things with its players. How many times have we had players that couldn't stay healthy sit on the sidelines, eat into our cap and we would get minimal or nothing out of them?

Can't make the club from the tub. 

I understand he would have been a solid addition, but this is circumstantial and it is also business. 

I wish him well.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, plan9misfit said:

Why? Snacks is a 1T, not a 3T.

I figure they roll with Crawford, Hill and Gallimore at 3T, so Poe needs someone competing or backup to him. Seems a good fit and he’s already shown interest. At this point he should be relatively cheap too.