Training Camp News

dll2000

Nearly half of Bears 2019 starting 2ndry is on street right now in Prince and HHCD.

Are we better at those positions right now than those guys in 2020.  Maybe.  Probably.  Hard to know when they aren't directly competing in camp with guys that are here.

Obviously Prince and HHCD didn't impress Raiders and Cowboys.

I think Colts have a good chance to be surprise team this year and exceed expectations if Rivers has gas left in tank.  Not hearing any buzz about them at all.  That division is supposed to be all about Texans and Titans.  I think people are sleeping on Rivers and Colts.  Rivers may be washed, but he will have a good O line for first time in his long career.  Maybe best O line in league.  Interesting to see what he does with it.  Maybe it is too late.

I down played taking a guard that early in draft, but Q has been so good he is worth it.   Special players are worth early picks regardless of position (aside from kickers), even running backs.   But they better be really special.   

I was watching videos on Broncos early this morning.  Apparently offense is stacked like everyone thought, but Lock is currently playing like garbage. They are concerned.

• Like 1

Surprised to hear about Lock, thought he was going to step up this year.

Agreed on the Colts, if nothing else just look at their division: not even sure the Jaguars are going to bother getting off the bus, and the Texans have tons of self inflicted damage, and the Titans seem to belive it's time to go all in but I really don't think they'll be good this year. As you say, if Rivers has anything left they could be hot. 

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was watching videos on Broncos early this morning.  Apparently offense is stacked like everyone thought, but Lock is currently playing like garbage. They are concerned.

I think half or more of the QBs in the NFL are struggling right now without any real game action to tune up with.  Practice is great for working on timing and working out the kinks but it doesn't replace the adrenaline flow of being "on stage" ready to perform.  That's where we find out whether someone's got it or they haven't.

I expect to see a whole lot of sloppy offensive efforts during the first few games before teams finally settle in.

43 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

He played OK here but teams must really not like his lack on consistent physicality. Still 200x better than Bush so I'd love to have him back on a vet min.

As depth, sure, but not to start. His skill set didn't allow EJ to do what he does best. I'll take my chances with Gipson