Training Camp News

dll2000

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Kmet and Graham apparently had a good day today, which would be huge for the offense.

According to Jahns and Fishbain, Mitch was better than Foles.

He was slinging it, nice to see him throw with anticipation.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Ideally the pass rush gets back to 2019 pre-London where they were crushing the QB. Much easier to play corner when the opposition has little time to throw

I don't think that should be an issue this year. Assuming everyone is healthy. 

7 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I don't think that should be an issue this year. Assuming everyone is healthy. 

My only concern is Goldman being out. He isn't a great passrusher (def a plus one for his size, but for DTs overall I mean) but he is a stud run defender. That allows us more 3rd and longs over the season. I'm not sure how we don't have a significant drop in run defense with him out. 

As a DC I might toy with Hicks at NT and have him bully the middle of the line, at least when in nickel at minimum so he can collapse the pocket. He should make the QB move more and allow Mck and Quinn to feast.  Some of the other guys likely could better fit as DEs than NT in this defense. I'd feel better about Anderson and Nichols being on the outside rather than either trying to own the middle. Maybe Jenkins steps up. IDK. I know technically all the DL needs to 2-gap at least some, but Hicks is the only one left that I am confident can consistently keep Smith and DT somewhat clean to roam. 

Edited by Sugashane

8 hours ago, soulman said:

Sounds like Pace's investment if TE's is paying off.  Graham is having a great camp so far.

Hopefully it carries onto the regular season. I'd love to see them do well, Kmet in particular. 

Make me look stupid for doubting you so much Kmet! C'mon kid!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soulman said:

Sounds like Pace's investment if TE's is paying off.  Graham is having a great camp so far.

Keep in mind those drills favor the receivers.  

Whole different ball game with a live rush, full contact and 11 defenders.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

*WAYYYYY TOO EARLY COMMENT*

I was not thrilled by the Kmet pick, but if Graham is right and Kmet is a young Jimmy Graham... 

Everyone that talks about Kmet, from friends, to coaches in H.S. and College and now pros and pro teammates ... first thing they say about him is he is smart.  They emphasize it, unprompted.  

I am thinking it's a pretty safe bet this guy is smart.

• Like 1