Free agent thread

49erurtaza

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am so confused why anyone would drop zach moss right now. He didnt get a lot of yards, but buffalo as a whole didnt get a lot of rushing yards. Hes the clear receiving back there and should be their short yardage guy as well. not worth abandoning after one week. be patient

let me put it like this, if you drop moss, someone else will pick him up. darrel williams will most likely remain unclaimed

If it's a ten man league, there's a reasonable chance moss goes unclaimed. He may get picked up, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't dropped again before too long. I'm definitely dropping him for Hines (ppr).  Brown I'd give strong consideration to. Would not drop him for Snell though. 

He's in a dead even timeshare with singletary for carries, and while he is the receiving back, nobody checks it down less in the NFL over the last two years than Josh Allen (about 2 percent). 

And while moss could be the short yardage back, no matter what, he's going to share that job too... Only this time with Allen, who is a beast in that way. 

He's not the first guy in dropping most likely, but I don't have an issue with the move in smaller leagues

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Thanks I always valued your input. 
what do you think of the the TES Fant, Hurst, Hockenson, Dallas, Engram. What is your outlook on all 5 the rest of the year. 

I cant believe all of these guys are available lol 

I really like the first four guys. Fant is probably the #1 for me ROS, havent checked any schedules yet but he was an absolute beast on MNF. Really love the way he gets in and out of his breaks and the way he runs with the ball in his hands. Drew lock looked really good to me, that offense in general should improve as the year goes on, but he will have a strong amount of targets regardless because lock obviously trusts him

I like hurst, I think he will get more and more comfortable as the weeks go on in that offense. He may get lost in the shuffle in that offense at times though. He has the athleticism and is in the right situation. its just about building the chemistry with ryan. They were close to connecting a few times down the field, so he could have some big plays. He is better after the catch than hooper was, but hooper really excelled in finding holes in zones and hurst hasnt shown that ability yet. so I am not as hot on him as I was before, but I still really like the upside

I have goedert in my dynasty league signed long term, I like him a lot. I dont trust the eagles right now. I havent been able to rewatch that game yet so its hard for me to say, but with their WRs being what they are, he is going to have a big role. Ertz is unhappy now, but he may get over it in the coming weeks. They could also trade him, who really knows. The other two guys are more sure things imo

Hock is a connundrum to me. He had a huge week 1 last year and then disappeared. That is another game I need to go back and rewatch, but you would think that he would be third in line for targets behind golladay and jones, and with golladay out he should see 8+ targets a game. stafford threw the ball 40 times and he only saw 5 targets, so that is a bit of a red flag for me compared to the other guys. He did catch all 5 and looked good doing it, so thats something. 

Engram, I am just not a huge fan, personally. He is a good athlete but he always seems to make bone head plays and I dont think hes a great blocker, and joe judge seems like the kind of guy that will bench guys who make mental mistakes. I have never been a huge engram fan

personally, I would rank them in that order

Decent haul on the first round of FAAB on my end - got Goedert for 6% (also have Fant already) and James Robinson for 7% this morning. 

Feels like Goedert could go one of many ways but I"m encouraged by his numbers in the 2nd half of last year. 

Robinson seems like more of a dart throw, wouldn't be surprised if he's off my roster in 2 weeks time but hard to ignore the workload he got. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

Spent 50% of my FAAB but got who I wanted. Dallas Goedert and Nyheim Hines. 

I feel really good about my roster right now. Now I'm ready to put up like 65 points next week lol

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Clyde Edwards, Jonathan Taylor, Miles Sanders, Nyheim Hines, DeAndre Swift
WR: AJ Brown, Tyler Boyd, Jamison Crowder, Preston Williams, Jalen Reagor
TE: Tyler Higbee, Dallas Goedert 
DST: Ravens
K: Dan Bailey 

My WRs are a little scary and no one picked up any WRs last night...so Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Tre'quan Smith and Laviska Shenault are still sitting out there but not really sure if I want to drop anyone. What do you think?

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I feel really good about my roster right now. Now I'm ready to put up like 65 points next week lol

My WRs are a little scary and no one picked up any WRs last night...so Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Tre'quan Smith and Laviska Shenault are still sitting out there but not really sure if I want to drop anyone. What do you think?

Sammy Watkins tempting to me. I would stay with your team one more week. See which of those WRs on waivers puts it together again during week 2

Missed Hines, Brown...Got Goedert, Snell, Bridgewater off the waiver scrap. Really wanted Hines, but I'll settle for this. the guy who has Michael Thomas also has James Connor...hoping that Connor misses another week and I can convince him to give me Thomas for a package including Snell and a good wide receiver. 

1 minute ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

These 3 players got dropped in my 10 man .5 ppr league. (Start 2 RB, 3 WR and a FLEX).

RB Antonio Gibson

RB Adrian Peterson

WR Jerry Jeudy

WR Courtland Sutton

Should I drop Sony Michel, Allen Lazard and/or Mike Williams (LAC) for any/all of them?

Sutton is a must-add. Whoever dropped him is a certified taco. 

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

That's my thought too, but who of those options would you drop for him?

What about the others?

I would drop any of those guys for Sutton. Depends on what your RB depth looks like but if you have 3-4 RB's you already like better than Michel, I'd drop him first. If you're thin at RB and need to keep Michel, Williams vs. Lazard is more of a toss up but I'd opt for the guy in the better offense so keep Lazard. 

Jeudy's an interesting one but two Bronco WR's is overkill so I wouldn't grab him if you're also getting Sutton. 

I'd probably rather have Gibson over Michel for the upside play but only if you can stash as opposed to needing to play him right away. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I would drop any of those guys for Sutton. Depends on what your RB depth looks like but if you have 3-4 RB's you already like better than Michel, I'd drop him first. If you're thin at RB and need to keep Michel, Williams vs. Lazard is more of a toss up but I'd opt for the guy in the better offense so keep Lazard. 

Jeudy's an interesting one but two Bronco WR's is overkill so I wouldn't grab him if you're also getting Sutton. 

I'd probably rather have Gibson over Michel for the upside play but only if you can stash as opposed to needing to play him right away. 

Thanks. My RB's are D Henry, Chubb, Mostert, Swift, Malcolm Brown and David Montgomery.

2 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Thanks. My RB's are D Henry, Chubb, Mostert, Swift, Malcolm Brown and David Montgomery.

yeah, drop michel for sutton with confidence

I wouldnt drop Mike Williams. Dude balled out on sunday and tyrod clearly trusts him.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Brown I'd give strong consideration to. Would not drop him for Snell though. 

Yup.  There's a lot going against Snell, despite Conner's injury.  First, the injury is a sprained ankle that's been described as minor, so it's not a high-ankle sprain.  Is Conner made out of glass and likely to get injured again this season?  Definitely.  Do I want to play the will they/won't they game on the regular with regard to which one of him and Snell end up as the guy with the majority of carries in a given week?  Not if I can avoid it.  Snell isn't a three-down back in the Steelers' eyes; they had him ceding passing-downs to Jaylen Samuels as it was on Monday night; Conner they view as a 3-down guy.  So that right there knocks a chunk of the PPR value off Snell.  Then throw in that Pittsburgh's starting RT likely just did his knee for the season on Monday night and what was one of the biggest selling points of the Steelers run-game (lots of touches behind a high-level OL) is already chipped away at, one game into the season.

Moss, I agree with you.  He's a WAS player for me (wait and see).  Josh Allen's rushing (especially in the red-zone) is always going to cap what is Moss' most consistent path to fantasy points which will be goal-line carries.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Sammy Watkins tempting to me. I would stay with your team one more week. See which of those WRs on waivers puts it together again during week 2

I actually like Shenault (though I think he'll be harder to predict week-to-week he'll likely have the biggest booms so more WR3 than WR2) and Robby Anderson (solid WR3, it looks like he may have garnered the Denzel Mims role in Rhule's offense) than Watkins (who always goes off Week 1 and then mires in mediocrity-at-best most seasons in fantasy).  If it's PPR formatted in any way, Russell Gage, Scotty Miller (especially if Godwin doesn't go this week, but I think he has a clear role going forward), and CeeDee Lamb (if he's available; I'll wager a good chunk of the targets that would have gone Jarwin's way are more likely to go to Lamb as the season progresses than to Jarwin's jag backup Schultz) are also in play..