Free agent thread

49erurtaza

On 9/18/2020 at 8:09 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think out of those three, its big Mike Williams for me.

Id do it for big Mike and Robby Anderson. The Panthers will be playing from behind a lot this year which means theyll be passing a ton. Anderson I view as a boom or bust type WR and always has a chance to take one to the house. With big Mike its a little different with JH playing It looked like Tyrod loved him but hes a little unknown at this point who JH favorite target is, Could be HH.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Dropping completely washed TY Hilton for the colts defense because they play the Jets. I also have the broncos defense who play the Jets in week 4 so I feel as though I should keep them 

I have cmc, mostert, Sanders, Dobbins, mattison, Malcom brown as my RBs

Golladay, DJ Moore, ruggs, chark as my WRs 

I faced the two highest scoring teams in the first two weeks so even though I was 3rd and 2nd in points I'm 0-2 and half my team is hurt and I'm in 8th/10 lol 

I am thinking about dropping brown for josh Kelley or Darrel Henderson, even though I just spent 20+ faab on brown (which is a sunk cost and should not be used to make decisions). What do you think about that @The LBC? Kelley has the better matchup this week for sure 

I also feel thin at WR considering chark is injured and playing on Thursday, ruggs plays NE, and DJ Moore plays LAC, (both tough matchups). Hopefully golladay comes back 

I could pick up mike Williams, aiyuk, Anthony Miller, juedy and could potentially drop mattison and then pick him up next week by dropping colts defense 

Absolutely need to win because playoffs start in week 13 in this league and only 4 teams make it 

Very tempted to pick up aiyuk and start him this week buuuut right now my only healthy RB who gets carries is Sanders and I am starting Dobbins 

It's .5 ppr and 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE and 2 flex. Right now I am starting both Hurst and Jonnu smith already. I love Dobbins long term upside but it's too risky for me being in this position so I need a RB for this week and also the next few weeks if neither mostert and cmc come back soon. I went from having 3 legit RB1s to only having one playable running back. 

No IR spots in this league with 5 man bench is absolutely brutal 

Brown's still going to get goal-line looks and I realize that doesn't seem like much now, but he's the kind of security blanket to feel  better about when bye-weeks roll around and you need to feel like the guy you're plugging in isn't just going to 3 or 4 point you, at best.  With Akers being out temporarily, the Rams RB corps with be a little more predictable, but not by a ton.  It's still largely going to be match-up dependent as to which guy will make the best start option, and I wouldn't really advocate rostering multiple guys out of that backfield unless you're either A) desperate or B) have benches deeper than I've ever seen.  McVay has seen enough of the Eagles and Schwatrz's defense (especially with who they consistently have in the middle) to know you aren't going up the middle or off-guard on them often on runs.  Henderson getting those stretch-zone runs (which I feel he benefited from both in terms of game script and Akers - who probably would have gotten at least 1/3 of those stretch-zone touches - going out injured).  We aren't going to be able to do much of anything worth noting against Buffalo on the ground next week.  The main games coming up (I'm going off of your expectation to have to ride out the Mostert injury) where I think the emphasis will be on the stretch-zone over balanced (the later of which would favor Brown, the former which would see more of the manufactured runs with the wideouts like we saw this past Sunday) are Washington and Miami.  The Chicago matchup favors Brown of any of the RB's.  The Niners... who really knows what your defense is going to looks like at that point at the rate you're going, but I'm willing to bet run games aren't going to be productive against you.

Kelley clearly has the #2 role with the Chargers, but if (and assuming Tyrod's injury persists to save Anthony Lynn from himself - at least for the sake of fantasy folks) Herbert continues to start, that's going to boost Ekeler.  I'd probably set a realistic comparison for that situation as to what we saw from Buffalo in Josh Allen's first year starting; at least from the RB's perspective.  I think people are looking at Kelley as someone that could/would see increased goal-line opportunities, but I'm not sold on that as I think Herbert may end up vulture some of those TD's with his own legs.

Ultimately, I think I'd rather have Brown.

Knowing the athletic specimen that CMac is, I'm willing to hedge on the short side of the recovery time for him (he also got paid so he'll be more willing to take the needle because he's got his guaranteed money), but that means 4 weeks.  I think you'll get Mostert back before then, but even then you're probably looking at at least 2, probably 3 weeks.  This season, with no preseason, is going to be a war of attrition - and the players are really getting a chance to see what happens when you take it to the extreme of limiting tackling and physical contact in the offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Agreed, He was a FA in my league a few days before the league started and wish i grabbed him.

I typically feel like I'm on top of things in my league so when one of my league mates picked Robinson after Fournette was cut, I was like who is that?? well two weeks later and he made the right choice.

35 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Ultimately, I think I'd rather have Brown.

Yeah, I targeted Brown because he would be the goal line back in my estimation and it felt like he was the runner that mcvay trusted because of his experience. Good context with the stretch run vs the eagles, havent had a chance to watch that game yet and I need to make a decision on this today. So I will probably hold onto him this week even though I will not play him for now (if I can).

Thank you for that fantastic post! you are the man. 

I really like Kelley's matchup this week (CAR rush D has gotten torched and if the chargers get a lead they will definitely pound the rock), so I will probably drop mattison for him. I really hate to drop mattison but I am hoping that no one picks him up this week and then I can get him back when I drop the colts defense. mattison is more of a lottery ticket than anything else. I could have traded mattison for kelley and $10 last week but held off. now I am going to spend 10-15 on him smh lol 

That way I can have sanders/kelley at RB, ruggs and hopefully golladay at WR, and then one of my TEs in my flex with DJ moore even though its not a great matchup. If golladay doesnt play... then I need to decide between dobbins and brown in a must win situation where I am already playing 2 TEs lol smh in that scenario I would probably look to add a WR for brown and then just hope that buffalo stuffs the rams rush offense so that no one targets him next week and I can get him back

With josh allen at QB, this team should be a shoe-in for the playoffs. I mean, Cmc, mostert, sanders plus good TEs, and high upside WRs should be enough. 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

mattison is more of a lottery ticket than anything else. I could have traded mattison for kelley and $10 last week but held off. now I am going to spend 10-15 on him smh lol 

I feel the same way about Pollard, but the league where I own Zeke simply doesn't have the bench depth to afford holding him.

Which is tough, because at the rate that the 1st/2nd round RB's whose backup are already seeing enough of a defined role to merit holding because they could be flex-able in a tough week, I really think there's heightened value in handcuffing those guys more this season than any recent one.  That means Pollard, Chase Edmonds (look at Drake's touch count, if he went down that goes straight to Edmonds), Darrell Williams, etc.

Another speculative but I think he looked good enough in the preseason and it's not like the non-Cam rushing attack is lighting the world on fire right now, but if you need the held in about a week or two, Damian Harris is worth a shot.  I'm very likely going to try to roster him a week ahead of him coming off the IR (hoping to be able to time things right to drop who I would have to bring Michael Thomas off the IR anyway, but drop them for Harris, swap Harris and Thomas on IR, and see how things play out).

• Like 1

I’m glad they announced the Freeman signing today. I think People are going to blow a lot of FAAB on him and I really Don’t think he’s going to be that good. 

I’m going to eventually need to open up a bench spot for Russell’s week 6 bye. Have been debating on whether or not I want to drop Preston Williams for Damien Harris. I know that backfield in New England will be a mess, but I’m decently strong at RB right now (CEH, JT, Sanders, Swift) and if I can Get a solid game from Harris week 4 or 5 I might Be able to do a classic ole 2 for 1, flip him and say a Robby Anderson for an upgrade at WR. Especially with all these RBs going down. 

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I’m glad they announced the Freeman signing today. I think People are going to blow a lot of FAAB on him and I really Don’t think he’s going to be that good. 

I’m going to eventually need to open up a bench spot for Russell’s week 6 bye. Have been debating on whether or not I want to drop Preston Williams for Damien Harris. I know that backfield in New England will be a mess, but I’m decently strong at RB right now (CEH, JT, Sanders, Swift) and if I can Get a solid game from Harris week 4 or 5 I might Be able to do a classic ole 2 for 1, flip him and say a Robby Anderson for an upgrade at WR. Especially with all these RBs going down. 

I think I'd take the chance on Freeman than Harris. 99% of all goal line carries are going to Cam and I don't see how Harris makes any impact outside of Michel/Rex getting hurt.

• Like 1