Way Too Early 2021 Draft Wish List

xrade

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My way too early draft predictions are this...

We are drafting 4th overall and we get the 29th overall with SEA 1st.

1st: Greg Rousseau (Edge/Miami)

1st (from SEA): Jaylen Waddle (WR/Alabama)

2nd: Paulson Adebo (CB/Stanford)

3rd: Chubba Hubbard (RB/Oklahoma State)

3rd: Tamorrian Terry (WR/Florida State)

I think Hubbard sneaks into the 1st personally but I’d be cool with this

Assuming we don't get Dupree or Judon in FA next year, my pick would be Rousseau at #4.  Getting that EDGE is harder to find after the first round and I think Rousseau is going to have an immediate impact.  Tryon would be a good pick, but I do not see him lasting to 29.  As much as I would love to get Chase at #4, I think one of Smith, Waddle, Bateman, or St.Brown will be there.  Hell, if withing striking distance, move up a little.

Although, how awesome would it be to get Dupree or Judon AND draft Rousseau?

Call me crazy but I think we are the worse team this year and will be picking #1. I wish I was joking but I don't see us winning 1 AFC East game. We all know how bad the AFC East is too this year. The number 1 pick should be Trevor Lawrence but I think we end up trading that pick to the Bears, Browns or even the Saints if Brees calls it a career. 

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Call me crazy but I don't see Rousseau as an edge.  He's doing a lot of damage on the interior and on extended plays.  It's a shame we missed out on guys like Bosa, Allen and Chase Young.  

Rousseau can play all over the line. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He can do it all is what I’m saying. He’s not one dimensional.

Yes and I agree with you.  I'm just jaded because we haven't had a dominating edge presence since Abe.  We've had plenty of chances with Wilk, Q, Sheldon, Leo, etc.  I understand they are bigger and different players but even Zuniga lines up all over the place.  I'd rather grab the WR to try and save our QB/offense and get more of a pure edge later.

I would not be upset with the pick at all and I love how he causes fumbles but if I had to pick I'm going Chase then edge instead of Rosseau then WR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My way too early draft predictions are this...

We are drafting 4th overall and we get the 29th overall with SEA 1st.

1st: Greg Rousseau (Edge/Miami)

1st (from SEA): Jaylen Waddle (WR/Alabama)

2nd: Paulson Adebo (CB/Stanford)

3rd: Chubba Hubbard (RB/Oklahoma State)

3rd: Tamorrian Terry (WR/Florida State)

I’d like to grab some IOL help in there. 

• Like 1

Just now, NewAge said:

I’d like to grab some IOL help in there. 

For sure. We have McGovern whos good under contract. But yes we could upgrade atOG. There's Clark who can be groomed into a role there potentially.

But at the end of the day I see the needs at 2 WR spots, Edge, CB and RB bigger than that at OG.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, Dr.O said:

I want Rousseau so bad

Yesss. 

And we have the worst football team in the league, so don't be surprised when we have a top 3 pick. Only thing that might keep us out of that is Darnold TBH.

If we get a high pick, I would grab the elite edge rusher. That changes defenses. Look at Chase Young with the Redskins week 1.  We have failed that position for so long, I am tired of giving QBs all day to throw. 

Josh Allen literally had zero pressure on him and could sit back all day. 

Our 2nd 1st I'd go WR, RB, OG, or CB.  We have to upgrade the talent of this football team, so many crucial positions we are bad at. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yesss. 

And we have the worst football team in the league, so don't be surprised when we have a top 3 pick. Only thing that might keep us out of that is Darnold TBH.

If we get a high pick, I would grab the elite edge rusher. That changes defenses. Look at Chase Young with the Redskins week 1.  We have failed that position for so long, I am tired of giving QBs all day to throw. 

Josh Allen literally had zero pressure on him and could sit back all day. 

Our 2nd 1st I'd go WR, RB, OG, or CB.  We have to upgrade the talent of this football team, so many crucial positions we are bad at. 

We 100% need an Edge. Josh Allen is the pick we missed last year instead of Q (who is non existent). But we can't change the past.

BUT... you couldn't be more wrong about Washington. They've spent their last 4 1st rounders on that DL. Young is just the most recent. Sweat, Payne and Allen are the other 3 DLineman, they have all been 1st rounders for them the last 4 years. 

I actually don't care what positions we draft. Don't over think it and add the absolute best players, even if they aren't sexy positions. Watching the state of our LBs followed by Devin White and Devin Bush last week had me feeling a type of way. Would not at all be upset to see Micah Parsons or Dylan Moses at ILB, and if get a few snaps out of Mosley that's gravy at this point. 

I'm more interested in how we attack free agency. 2021 could be the best free agent pool of all time. Teams don't have the money to sign their own, there's one less tag available, and many players will be released due to cap reasons. 

Realistic free agency haul: 

• WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (24) 
  • WR Curtis Samuel (25) 
  • RB Marlon Mack (25) 
  • RB Gus Edwards (26) 
  • OG Larry Warford (30) 
  • DE Derek Barnett (25) 
  • CB Chidobe Awuzie (26)