Way Too Early 2021 Draft Wish List

xrade

36 minutes ago, Formula 14 said:

I actually don't care what positions we draft. Don't over think it and add the absolute best players, even if they aren't sexy positions. Watching the state of our LBs followed by Devin White and Devin Bush last week had me feeling a type of way. Would not at all be upset to see Micah Parsons or Dylan Moses at ILB, and if get a few snaps out of Mosley that's gravy at this point. 

I'm more interested in how we attack free agency. 2021 could be the best free agent pool of all time. Teams don't have the money to sign their own, there's one less tag available, and many players will be released due to cap reasons. 

Realistic free agency haul: 

• WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (24) 
  • WR Curtis Samuel (25) 
  • RB Marlon Mack (25) 
  • RB Gus Edwards (26) 
  • OG Larry Warford (30) 
  • DE Derek Barnett (25) 
  • CB Chidobe Awuzie (26) 

Ah no Allen Robinson?

4 hours ago, Formula 14 said:

I actually don't care what positions we draft. Don't over think it and add the absolute best players, even if they aren't sexy positions. Watching the state of our LBs followed by Devin White and Devin Bush last week had me feeling a type of way. Would not at all be upset to see Micah Parsons or Dylan Moses at ILB, and if get a few snaps out of Mosley that's gravy at this point. 

LOL this is why we're here in the first place.

Here we are in Mid Sept. of 2020 and we are talking about the 2021 late April draft. That alone shows how bad this team is right now, and how much competence people lost in Darnold, and the rest of the offensive. This Darnold thing is serious he looks lost, before I take this thing any further lets see how he does in the 49er game.

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Here we are in Mid Sept. of 2020 and we are talking about the 2021 late April draft. That alone shows how IRRATIONAL THIS FAN BASE IS.

Fixed

If Darnold was lights out last week that wouldn't mean anything either. We need to see what type of consistency this team puts together. We could have flooded the Bills and then dropped 5 straight. Never overreact after week 1, remember 2 years ago against Detroit and then Gase and Miami came to MetLife and went up 20-0 in the first half?

R-E-LA-X

I will tell you all when to panic lol

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fixed

If Darnold was lights out last week that wouldn't mean anything either. We need to see what type of consistency this team puts together. We could have flooded the Bills and then dropped 5 straight. Never overreact after week 1, remember 2 years ago against Detroit and then Gase and Miami came to MetLife and went up 20-0 in the first half?

R-E-LA-X

That is great advice,  but have been relax for 45 years now i am in panic mode about Darnold. I never took any pill before I became a Jets & Mets fan now i take eliquis, ditliaz, simvastatin, before every game. And that is not a game day decision.

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fixed

R-E-LA-X

If Darnold was lights out last week against a top defense, that would have assured us that last year was on the OL and Darnold can be a franchise QB. Instead we have more questions, like "is it now the WRs?", "is it Gase?", and "is Darnold not the guy?".

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If Darnold was lights out last week against a top defense, that would have assured us that last year was on the OL and Darnold can be a franchise QB. Instead we have more questions, like "is it now the WRs?", "is it Gase?", and "is Darnold not the guy?".

I’m just saying don’t let 1 game paint the entire narrative for this season. What if Darnold balls out against SF, does that mean he’s the guy? Does that mean Gase knows what he’s doing?

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m just saying don’t let 1 game paint the entire narrative for this season. What if Darnold balls out against SF, does that mean he’s the guy? Does that mean Gase knows what he’s doing?

Yeah, it one game, but it's one game after all those terrible games last year. Think of a meter that moves a needle from terrible (left) to great (right) after each game. Dallas moved the need to the right for both Darnold and Gase, but since then it's only been moving left. They aren't going to go from bad to great in one game, but the needle will move in a more positive direction. As it stands, they are dangerously close to being straight terrible.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, it one game, but it's one game after all those terrible games last year. Think of a meter that moves a needle from terrible (left) to great (right) after each game. Dallas moved the need to the right for both Darnold and Gase, but since then it's only been moving left. They aren't going to go from bad to great in one game, but the needle will move in a more positive direction. As it stands, they are dangerously close to being straight terrible.

Wym since Dallas? We had Oakland, Giants and Washington games that were really good, second Miami game as well. 

Now that’s pretty much it lol. 

Yes they have to improve but 1 game wouldn’t change it, we need to see a strong 4/5 game stretch that tells us what we have.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wym since Dallas? We had Oakland, Giants and Washington games that were really good, second Miami game as well. 

Now that’s pretty much it lol. 

Yes they have to improve but 1 game wouldn’t change it, we need to see a strong 4/5 game stretch that tells us what we have.

Beating bad teams shouldn't make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Oakland is probably the only real team on that list from last year and crazy enough all those teams (maybe not MIA until Tua takes over) look like they can compete this year.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Beating bad teams shouldn't make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Oakland is probably the only real team on that list from last year and crazy enough all those teams (maybe not MIA until Tua takes over) look like they can compete this year.

But we’re a “bad” team. And if we are then these results shouldn’t surprise some of you. 

It’s like Y’all say we suck and then when we suck everyone is surprised lol

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But we’re a “bad” team. And if we are then these results shouldn’t surprise some of you. 

It’s like Y’all say we suck and then when we suck everyone is surprised lol

Because good QBs and good coaches can overcome poor talent. We can't, so we must not have a good QB or a good coach or both.

36 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We aren't letting one game paint the entire narrative but when you have ALL OFFSEASON TO PREPARE and nobody on the team except Becton, Maye, Austin and your punter show up, then that is a huge red flag.  We shored up the OL it's alarming how Sam played and how awful the offense looked.  And with Gase's track record it's an even bigger red flag.