Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xrade

Way Too Early 2021 Draft Wish List

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We aren't letting one game paint the entire narrative but when you have ALL OFFSEASON TO PREPARE and nobody on the team except Becton, Maye, Austin and your punter show up, then that is a huge red flag.  We shored up the OL it's alarming how Sam played and how awful the offense looked.  And with Gase's track record it's an even bigger red flag.

100 WR change thru Gase' Jets career doesn't help as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no business taking anything other position outside of a WR and an OG with 2 of our first three picks next year.  

WR assuming we aren't picking top 3 should be the target.  There are going to be 2 or 3 good ones coming out.

We can nab a pass rusher with the other pick but we are desperate for an immediate impact WR at the top of round 1 and another day 1 starter at OG.  No reason the Sea pick or our 2nd couldn't have an impact OG sitting there.

I'd like a RB in round 3 too.  It's time we pump all our resources into this offense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We have no business taking anything other position outside of a WR and an OG with 2 of our first three picks next year.  

WR assuming we aren't picking top 3 should be the target.  There are going to be 2 or 3 good ones coming out.

We can nab a pass rusher with the other pick but we are desperate for an immediate impact WR at the top of round 1 and another day 1 starter at OG.  No reason the Sea pick or our 2nd couldn't have an impact OG sitting there.

I'd like a RB in round 3 too.  It's time we pump all our resources into this offense.

 

If were picking top 2 and there's an edge with Bosa level talent, that has to be the pick. WR will not turn us around faster than an elite DE. I don't care if he's the next Jones or Hopkins. I'm taking Bosa, Watt, etc every time. Not to say there will be an edge like that, but priority for me is Tlaw, Elite Edge, Elite WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We aren't letting one game paint the entire narrative but when you have ALL OFFSEASON TO PREPARE and nobody on the team except Becton, Maye, Austin and your punter show up, then that is a huge red flag.  We shored up the OL it's alarming how Sam played and how awful the offense looked.  And with Gase's track record it's an even bigger red flag.

Guys showed up, Sam didn't. 

Defense was slow, they knew what to do just couldn't contain the speed Buffalo had. Desir was the only one who IMO played below expectations. And Q but he sucks right now anyway. 

Offensively guys got open and did their jobs but Sam was just so bad it didn't matter. 

They also didn't have all offseason to prepare and you know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Because good QBs and good coaches can overcome poor talent. We can't, so we must not have a good QB or a good coach or both.

But you all know this already. What I'm saying is it shouldn't surprise you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But you all know this already. What I'm saying is it shouldn't surprise you. 

I'm not surprised. I expected the Bills result and expect the same against the niners. I'm just tired of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm not surprised. I expected the Bills result and expect the same against the niners. I'm just tired of it.

We all are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

If were picking top 2 and there's an edge with Bosa level talent, that has to be the pick. WR will not turn us around faster than an elite DE. I don't care if he's the next Jones or Hopkins. I'm taking Bosa, Watt, etc every time. Not to say there will be an edge like that, but priority for me is Tlaw, Elite Edge, Elite WR

Missed that part where I said picking top 3?  Then yes a great pass rusher is an option as is a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Guys showed up, Sam didn't. 

Defense was slow, they knew what to do just couldn't contain the speed Buffalo had. Desir was the only one who IMO played below expectations. And Q but he sucks right now anyway. 

Offensively guys got open and did their jobs but Sam was just so bad it didn't matter. 

They also didn't have all offseason to prepare and you know that. 

Not giving Sam a pass here but the WRs looked like garbage as well. The times they did something unfortunately he missed them.

They didn't have all offseason to look at tape and workout? Becton was somehow ready to roll.  Maye looked better than ever.  I know for a fact many NFL athletes were working out during quarantine. Buffalo looked very prepared for us.  Either that or we are just that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase’s excuse was that Buffalo is a man to man team. So it’s hard to get separation. Which is true in theory. But if you have talent... those guys win 1 on 1 battles. When you don’t it’s tough. Hence why we looked awful. He eluded to that SF is more a zone team, so the passing game should be easier for our crappy WRs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Gase’s excuse was that Buffalo is a man to man team. So it’s hard to get separation. Which is true in theory. But if you have talent... those guys win 1 on 1 battles. When you don’t it’s tough. Hence why we looked awful. He eluded to that SF is more a zone team, so the passing game should be easier for our crappy WRs. 

49ers can do both zone and man.  49ers have plan to feature more man to man coverage this year. And now Sherman being on IR, there we go.

 

49ers also can do wide 9 which that means Becton and Fant will be tested for wide split opportunity if that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 4:21 PM, JetsandI said:

Ah no Allen Robinson?

I love Allen Robinson and think he's the better player, but I can't ignore JuJu's age, Pittsburgh's WR depth, and their lack of money. I would rather other players but I think JuJu is most realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 8:29 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

LOL this is why we're here in the first place.

I was using hyperbole, but point I'm making is we can literally draft a player at any position because we still have needs at every position.

I think we're here because the past few administrations totally ignored the offense. If we had hit on offensive talent while still drafting DL, no one would have noticed. All those players turned out to be good. I think this year we saw change as it came to navigating the draft. Last time the Jets went offense with back-to-back picks was forever ago. 5 of their 9 picks were offensive players and all 5 came in the first 4 rounds. Can't expect them to develop overnight, especially this year. Herndon may be overrated by fans, but he's definitely a solid starting caliber TE. They're maybe 1-2 OL away from being a really good unit (and for all we know Clark could be that guy, a lot of people like him a lot). 

What I want to see the Jets do after this season is use FA to complete the offense. Actually fill the needs and have experience talent on offense because it may end up being a make-or-break year for Sam and also gives ourselves some flexibility to take a stud linebacker. Ultimately, I just want to see this team "set" on offense entering the draft. If you sign a top FA WR and a guy like Chase is there in the draft then great, take him, but at least you know going in that your settled at the position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

We have no business taking anything other position outside of a WR and an OG with 2 of our first three picks next year.  

WR assuming we aren't picking top 3 should be the target.  There are going to be 2 or 3 good ones coming out.

We can nab a pass rusher with the other pick but we are desperate for an immediate impact WR at the top of round 1 and another day 1 starter at OG.  No reason the Sea pick or our 2nd couldn't have an impact OG sitting there.

I'd like a RB in round 3 too.  It's time we pump all our resources into this offense.

I'd like our off-season to go:

- Juju

- Thuney

Draft

1a) Edge

1b) CB

2) G/RB

3a) WR

3b) Edge

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Joe Burrow.  Good QB surrounded by talent.  OL is abysmal and he's able to make it work with the talent around him.  Give him a great offensive line to sit in the pocket and hope crappy WRs get open then who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...