Way Too Early 2021 Draft Wish List

xrade

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is the first time anybody has mention Fields, I have never seen him play but what people are saying, this kid  is something special. I have to watch him the next time ND pays a good team. You can't tell anything when ND plays some of those cup cakes on their schedule. But he will be on my have to watch list. What a  set back it would be for the Jets if we find our Darnold is not our franchise QB,

Fields plays for Ohio state dog

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

No FA pickups?

Part of me just wants us to address Defense in FA and maybe a OG spot. Get that edge with our money and a CB. Then just pump talent into the offense with our draft picks. 

It's a great Edge FA class. A lot of teams just tagged their edges this last year and will hit an impasse to pay them or let them walk. Its rare a player gets tagged twice.

If end up with pick 1 do you trade is for a kings ransom or draft Lawrence. At first I was thinking this would be a no brainier and grab Trevor but mane if you can get 3 or 4 first round picks you really have to consider it. I guess it comes down too if you think Sam is the man at 23 years old. I would hope we fire Gase by the by week and see what Sam can do with a new coach for some games and let him throw the ball around the field and see how reacts to it. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Just draft Chase in the top 5 and Olave with our late 1st early 2nd. And we are set at WR for awhile with Mims, Chase and Olave.

I like this idea. We were close to signing Thuney. If we sign him, our OL becomes a strength which is a minor miracle from where we were a year ago.

Chase, Mims, Crowder, Olave, Smith, Berrios looks pretty good to me. We just need to go RB with one of the 2nd or 3rd round picks. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

If end up with pick 1 do you trade is for a kings ransom or draft Lawrence. At first I was thinking this would be a no brainier and grab Trevor but mane if you can get 3 or 4 first round picks you really have to consider it. I guess it comes down too if you think Sam is the man at 23 years old. I would hope we fire Gase by the by week and see what Sam can do with a new coach for some games and let him throw the ball around the field and see how reacts to it. 

I would trade back to the 3-5th spot. We can’t keep putting rookie QBs in these terrible spots. Even just going on the draft value chart, dropping to the 4th spot gets us an extra first, an early 2nd and a mid round pick.

If Darnold is not the guy, we’d still be picking high since QB is by far the most important position. But by then, we’d actually be bringing in QB into a good situation. And if Darnold turns it around, then boom we have the capital to continue to build a team.

So basically, trade back and then do what Bobby suggested above. We’d still have at least 4 1st between 2022-2023 to continue to build the squad or go QB if need be.

Edited by SDotNova

On 9/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, rickyt31 said:

The Darnold Vs Lawrence/Fields debates are going to be interesting. 

There is no debate, if it's even a conversation that means Darnold aint the guy. You start fresh with a new HC and a plethora of draft picks. Get an innovative offensive minded players coach like Lincoln RIley or Eric Bieniemy.