Training Camp Battles

Deadpulse

I think we're still going to be a tough team to beat. Our secondary will make it so.

We may not have any form of consistent offense, and our run D is probably going to be whack, but that secondary will still make us frustrasting to play against for sure. Hopefully Cam can do Cam things.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:22 PM, Deadpulse said:

1. There are plenty of WR they have brought in that don't fit the size and blocking trait. They spent a 1st on Cooks for gods sake. Lloyd was never an adept blocker. They traded for Chad who was not a blocker. 

1. This is your response based on 20 years! That's one 1st RD talent, Cook. IMO he was not worth the 1st RD pick. They brought in hundreds that don't fit the size and blocking trait. Yes and you are making my point. They were bargain basement they wasted no capital on them and the Pats won 6 SB with them. Again my point 1st RD is a waste to pick a WR.

2. I have no response. if you are using 2nd RD Branch and (onus on the WR position). Pats have never put any priority for that position. Do they bring in players sure. There's been many, throw it  against the wall and see if its sticks. Perfect example David Patten and a hundred more just like him throughout the years .

3. Again you miss my point. Here the best way I can make you understand. This years draft. Pats take Bunkerhill Community College SS Dugger. with Xavier McKinney (small trade needed), Grant Delpit and Antoine Winfield Jr on the board.  Dugger is a major gamble compared to the others. If all of them have a great careers, Dugger was still a major GAMBLE just like Ohio University WRS

Henry Ruggs III, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, your choices or do you risk it with Denzel Mims ( some claim he's the gifts from the Gods) from Baylor who run that crap  Steve Sperrier(?) type offense. Lets say they all had success and Mims is gifted  physically. He would still be the last one I would take 95% of the time.

I like to hedge my bets and its a major value point but not the be all end all. There is always a Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. IMO gambles get you fired or start you down the path to failure.

Rookies all have to learn however I like the guys that have been studying the same materials for the last 4 years in college as the PROS!!!!

OH I forgot my theory is not fool proof , I thought DK Metcalf was going to stink🤕

Edited by m haynes

On 8/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, Deadpulse said:

I dont see the benefit from starting Stidham, even if he is the QB with the most potential. Id rather have him continue to sit for a full season and continue to get better holding a clipboard. I am a big proponent of sitting before starting. 

Think Arron Rodgers. 😁

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

1. This is your response based on 20 years! That's one 1st RD talent, Cook. IMO he was not worth the 1st RD pick. They brought in hundreds that don't fit the size and blocking trait. Yes and you are making my point. They were bargain basement they wasted no capital on them and the Pats won 6 SB with them. Again my point 1st RD is a waste to pick a WR.

2. I have no response. if you are using 2nd RD Branch and (onus on the WR position). Pats have never put any priority for that position. Do they bring in players sure. There's been many, throw it  against the wall and see if its sticks. Perfect example David Patten and a hundred more just like him throughout the years .

3. Again you miss my point. Here the best way I can make you understand. This years draft. Pats take Bunkerhill Community College SS Dugger. with Xavier McKinney (small trade needed), Grant Delpit and Antoine Winfield Jr on the board.  Dugger is a major gamble compared to the others. If all of them have a great careers, Dugger was still a major GAMBLE just like Ohio University WRS

Henry Ruggs III, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, your choices or do you risk it with Denzel Mims ( some claim he's the gifts from the Gods) from Baylor who run that crap  Steve Sperrier(?) type offense. Lets say they all had success and Mims is gifted  physically. He would still be the last one I would take 95% of the time.

I like to hedge my bets and its a major value point but not the be all end all. There is always a Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. IMO gambles get you fired or start you down the path to failure.

Rookies all have to learn however I like the guys that have been studying the same materials for the last 4 years in college as the PROS!!!!

OH I forgot my theory is not fool proof , I thought DK Metcalf was going to stink🤕

All I am getting from your post is that if it isnt a 1st round pick its bargain basement shopping... got it. 

N'Keal Harry, drafted in the first round last year, returned to practice Sunday after missing three consecutive sessions last week. Harry dropped two passes -- one in drills, one in team work -- and didn't appear to be moving at full speed.

At the end of the practice, during a period focused on hurry-up situations, Brian Hoyer and the Patriots offense appeared to be waiting on Harry to join them in the huddle. While Harry met with a trainer and walked off the field, Damiere Byrd trotted onto the field to take Harry's place. It was a hot practice, and Harry had just taken several snaps with the previous hurry-up group

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-julian-edelman-lends-perspective-nkeal-harry-camp-absences

This is not a good read for Harry.  This is my feeling on leg injuries with WRs. Yes they happen however if it happens to the same player over and over again you have to question his workouts and pregame stretch. The problem could be the team or the individual. I look at the stars from the Pats WRs. Jules, Moss, Welker and other week after week playing however I see others always in the tub. Didn't the Pats have the same problem with ? Aaron Dobson.

Now look this is just off the cuff but how do track stars perform without so many injuries. You see the stars competing regularly without missing events.

Edited by m haynes

The decision making on draft picks is pathetic.

When you draft a Marshall kicker in the fifth round and there is no interest among other teams - a guy who has red flags in his profile with the type of character concerns that are issues at the forefront of society.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

When you draft a Marshall kicker in the fifth round and there is no interest among other teams - a guy who has red flags in his profile with the type of character concerns that are issues at the forefront of society.

I mean a fifith round pick is not all that valuable. 

RT

one player has emerged as the clear frontrunner: Jermaine Eluemunor has taken the majority of starter-level snaps at the right tackle spot, and he appears to have a firm grasp on the role.

The others, meanwhile, are fighting for the swing/backup jobs. Cajuste’s rawness is on full display, but both Cunningham and Herron have performed well when given the opportunity.

Looks like it will be him.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

He was even worse the other day. 

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Cunningham and Herron have performed well

This is the most important part of your statement. Future multiple RTs. I'm sick and tired of be short handed on the OL. I don't want to see another Newhouse in my life time! Same thing thing at TE. How many TEs we have in camp this year, 100+😁

Edited by m haynes