Butt or Beck?

jsthomp2007

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

You think Albert O will be inactive? I’ve heard that in camp, Lock loves throwing to him in the red zone. He’s a terrible blocker so we shouldn’t really be using him between the 20’s, but I don’t see us making him inactive especially when you have Butt and Vannett who are basically two very similar players. 

Without seeing any Special Teams film, it is impossible to say. What I do know is that if the #3 TE can't play Special Teams, he isn't going to be active on gameday. You can't make a player active in the vein hope that you get a chance to throw him, at best, 2 jump balls when inside the 5.

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Without seeing any Special Teams film, it is impossible to say. What I do know is that if the #3 TE can't play Special Teams, he isn't going to be active on gameday. You can't make a player active in the vein hope that you get a chance to throw him, at best, 2 jump balls when inside the 5.

Should be four tight ends active (although I guess Beck is active in lieu of having a FB)

I have no idea whether or not Albert O is any good on special teams or not tbh

Edited by paul-mac

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The potential of a Fant-Butt-Albert O group is so exciting. It’s kind of a testament to the front office that they never stopped taking shots on talented TEs over the past 5-6 years. Now they have as much upside as any group on the team, save for maybe the WRs. 

Those 3 have ridiculous talent.  Not only is Butt a very good blocker, he’s also a nice chain mover/RZ target.  Put that with Fant and Albert O’s athleticism and Denver has maybe the best young group of TEs in the league.

Obviously Tim Patrick and Desean Hamilton are in the mix, but it is crazy to think that Courtland Sutton, the teams #1 WR (as of now) is like the 5th most physically gifted pass catcher on the team.  

It’s going to take time for everything to mesh and the young players to get up to speed, but this offense is not lacking in talent, that’s for sure.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

You could be right, but money won't play a factor with Vannett. When we signed him, we couldn't rely on Jake being healthy. Besides, TEs are usually good on ST so you carry 3 on gameday.

Right now, the rookie TE will be on the outside looking in on gameday for sure.

😉 Need to look at the film, but Jake looked lively out there. The rookie ain't playing if the other 4 (inc Beck) are healthy.

25 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

😉 Need to look at the film, but Jake looked lively out there. The rookie ain't playing if the other 4 (inc Beck) are healthy.

I wonder if we can find a way to get all 5 active. I really think we’d be better in the red zone if we could get Albert O on the field. 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I wonder if we can find a way to get all 5 active. I really think we’d be better in the red zone if we could get Albert O on the field. 

No chance. We are going to have to find a way to get it done in the RZ without a guy playing about 5 snaps of Offense and limited ST experience.

We've got enough weapons that are active - it's about execution, not personnel.