Bills Sign P Lachlan Edwards

Kmart128

This is not something I want to hear because it sounds like their decision making of landing a punter the last couple of years has been their achilles heal. I am not confident in Borj and wish they invested in bringing in a punter earlier like the draft or UDFA. You just do not let consistently good punters walk unless they are seeking a big deal which is not in the case for Edwards so to me this move is meh and just hope for minimal punts this year as Borj has put us in some bad spots in a few games last year. Also since they signed him that means Borj hasn't been wowing them in camp either or this would have just been a flat cut and Borj would be the starter week 1 with out wasting time bringing in competition 2 weeks before the season starts

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is not something I want to hear because it sounds like their decision making of landing a punter the last couple of years has been their achilles heal. I am not confident in Borj and wish they invested in bringing in a punter earlier like the draft or UDFA. You just do not let consistently good punters walk unless they are seeking a big deal which is not in the case for Edwards so to me this move is meh and just hope for minimal punts this year as Borj has put us in some bad spots in a few games last year. Also since they signed him that means Borj hasn't been wowing them in camp either or this would have just been a flat cut and Borj would be the starter week 1 with out wasting time bringing in competition 2 weeks before the season starts

Ill have to disagree. I think this is more than just meh.... its a huge upgrade over BoJo. We go from a horrible punter to a average mid pack Punter. Edwards was 15th overall in Punting average. BoJo was 30th. BoJo led league in touchbacks with 7. Edwards only had 3 despite 8 more punts. But most important difference is BoJo was 31st in net average with 37.7  while Edwards was 12th with 41.6. That 4 extra yards every punt. He may be average and  12-16 best Punter in league last years but he is a significant upgrade of BoJo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Ill have to disagree. I think this is more than just meh.... its a huge upgrade over BoJo. We go from a horrible punter to a average mid pack Punter. Edwards was 15th overall in Punting average. BoJo was 30th. BoJo led league in touchbacks with 7. Edwards only had 3 despite 8 more punts. But most important difference is BoJo was 31st in net average with 37.7  while Edwards was 12th with 41.6. That 4 extra yards every punt. He may be average and  12-16 best Punter in league last years but he is a significant upgrade of BoJo. 

I get it but I have to ask the question, why was he let go and why did no one else pick him up? That is what is concerning, I don't expect to have a top 5 punter and this may be in upgrade to what we got but I think they have struggled to fill this position for this long. I just wish we had a guy that we can count on like another Moorman lol. I just hope we don't need to punt as much this year and never have to worry.