Chase Young injured

turtle28

36 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Didn't see it but if Peterson is putting Rookies in place or providing competition I like the sound of that. Doesn't seem as though Young is too beat up. 

Nah, it’s not a bad injury. Probably take the rest of the week off.

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The rest of the week for a rookie? Is it the injury or Young? If Young is prepared I want him out there. 

The only way a hip Flexor gets better is by stretching and rest. There’s not much else you can do for the injury that I know of. So, him taking the second half of practice off yesterday, today off, tomorrow off and at least Saturday off while getting treatment from trainers is the smart thing to do. We need guys like Young healthy for the season, these practices matter but not when weighed against real games.

It’s a nagging injury like slightly straining a muscle but not as bad as pulling a muscle. I used to be a long distance runner in high school and it will probably nag him all season but it’s not something he should miss games over. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only way a hip Flexor gets better is by stretching and rest. There’s not much else you can do for the injury that I know of. So, him taking the second half of practice off yesterday, today off, tomorrow off and at least Saturday off while getting treatment from trainers is the smart thing to do. We need guys like Young healthy for the season, these practices matter but not when weighed against real games.

It’s a nagging injury like slightly straining a muscle but not as bad as pulling a muscle. I used to be a long distance runner in high school and it will probably nag him all season but it’s not something he should miss games over. 

So because it's Young, Ok. I'm no Doctor so I can't say anything about his injury but from Rivera report it doesn't seem Young needs too much time off. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So because it's Young, Ok. I'm no Doctor so I can't say anything about his injury but from Rivera report it doesn't seem Young needs too much time off. 

He doesn’t. I just think it would be safer if they gave him off the rest of the week.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nailed it

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nailed it

Yeah, I know them well. I’ve had them before and my friends from when I used to be a long distance runner. It’s a nagging injury but definitely someone can play through. If I can run 5-10 miles or race 3.1 miles with a hip flexor injury, a big tough guy should be able to play through one too. 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I know them well. I’ve had them before and my friends from when I used to be a long distance runner. It’s a nagging injury but definitely someone can play through. If I can run 5-10 miles or race 3.1 miles on one a big tough guy should be able to play through one too. 😂 

Yeah. They are PITA injuries because, like you said, it's nagging but it won't prevent you from playing/running. I mean he won't be 100% but he also won't be 50% either. It's like a 1-2% type of injury so he'll be more like 98% effective. Which is enough.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I've just been waiting for this .. We ALL knew it was coming. Name change won't help . We're doomed and cursed . !!👹

Well if your just waiting for it why wouldnt it happen? If this was the redskins he’d have blown the whole knee with 84 fallow up surgeries. I think we will be just fine.