Training Camp News and notes...

mwalker

I've heard (read) the rookies have impressed, especially Claypool and McFarland.

Ben apparently looking good, and better each day.

A more streamlined, fit Snell seems to have coaches excited.

Thought it might be good to drop notes here as folks find them.

Edited by mwalker

Thanks for making this thread, I was going to today but got busy.

Watch out for Snell this year...if that lost weight improves his burst, a la Leveon Bell, he could be our starter in 2021. 

McFarland apparently looking awesome too in team drills and holding his own in backs on ‘backers as well.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, August4th said:

I really hope claypool worksout. I can't think of a WR we've had that's like him. plax and martavis were tall targets, but did not have the physical tools claypool has.

He's Vincent Jackson and I'm pumped about it. A big dude who is going to win the majority of his contested catches down the field, plus be a sturdy possession type guy. 

Chukwuma Okorafor, Zach Banner & T.J. Watt

The biggest camp battle for the Steelers in the eyes of most people is for the starting right tackle position. For both Zach Banner and Chuks Okorafor, this often means going against T.J. Watt in practice. Coach Tomlin was asked about the reps the players receive against Watt, specifically with Banner as Okorafor missed practiced with a groin injury.

“Watt wot a lot of them, but Watt won a lot of them versus Chuks as well. Watt is a handful for one man on NFL playing surfaces. But what a great opportunity for those young right tackles vying for that spot. There’s no guesswork in terms of where they are—in terms of overall global readiness. Watt is one of the very best in the business and they get an opportunity to sharpen their sword against it every day.”

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/8/25/21399969/7-players-mentioned-by-mike-tomlin-after-mondays-practice-steelers-claypool-tj-watt-fitzpatrick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, August4th said:

Those **** bags at ESPN are running a story on the documentary with a misleading description of what Roethlisberger's wife said. They took a line about the 2019 offseason being the most difficult of their marriage and twisted it into it being difficult on their marriage. Not what she was saying at all.