Alcohol Thread!

Glen

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If you guys can’t appreciate a good merlot, Pinot, or Cabernet from time to time I feel bad for you. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy crafts, but a nice glass of red is something I will always recommend.

I don't have enough class to talk about wine. 

I bought a bottle of Boone's Farm once and that's about it. I also have two bottles of some Sutter Home that I got as a gift two years ago, I might drink them one day. 

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't have enough class to talk about wine. 

I bought a bottle of Boone's Farm once and that's about it. I also have two bottles of some Sutter Home that I got as a gift two years ago, I might drink them one day. 

I mean, I drink cheap wine. Due to family history I have had two different doctors tell me I needed to have at least 2-3 glasses per week. I never spend over $10 on a bottle. I like the three mentioned above. Liberty Creek isn’t bad and it’s cheap.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I drink cheap wine. Due to family history I have had two different doctors tell me I needed to have at least 2-3 glasses per week. I never spend over $10 on a bottle. I like the three mentioned above. Liberty Creek isn’t bad and it’s cheap.

@Kiwibrown and I both agree, so add some nurses to that list too. 

Drink up buttercup.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 9:30 PM, Heimdallr said:

I finally procured all the ingredients for The Last Word.

Probably not going to be drinking anything else for a while.

It only takes one bottle of chartreuse before you slown down. Not cheap at all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

100% worth it though. Chartreuse is by far the best non-primary liquor I have had

I just can't spend the $60-$70. The gin distillery in town does an herbal liqueur that makes a decent replacement, and it's half the price, so we use that for Last Words. Not perfect, but still really good. 

Going to the Minnesota State Fair on either Friday or Sunday:

https://growlermag.com/the-growlers-complete-guide-to-beer-at-the-2018-minnesota-state-fair/

Lakefront Funnel Cake Cream Ale

Reminiscent of a State Fair classic, this lightly hopped cream ale is bright and refreshing with a sweet finish, featuring flavors of savory dough, apple pie filling, and a dusting of powdered sugar. 4.7% ABV. At Coasters, located on the southeast corner of Carnes Avenue and Liggett Street.

There are some odd ones out there. However, the mini donut beer has been there for a while, and it's really really good.

56 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

https://growlermag.com/the-growlers-complete-guide-to-beer-at-the-2018-minnesota-state-fair/

There are some odd ones out there. However, the mini donut beer has been there for a while, and it's really really good.

I tried a mango milkshake IPA this week that was surprisingly good 

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I had the mini donut beer last year. Good, but too sweet. Also had a bacon beer which was meh

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I had the mini donut beer last year. Good, but too sweet. Also had a bacon beer which was meh

Haven't had the bacon beer.

Had the S'mores beer, was just meh. The candy apple cider was way too sweet. The pickle beer was actually decent. Probably the best out of those three, wouldn't want a full pint. 

• Like 1