Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Ironic that it's me making this. But since I've been venturing out and trying to try different things I've tasted a ton of different IPAs and liquors the like. 

Making this thread so we can all share eachothers thoughts on the beverage(s) we're having that night. As well as getting a group consensus on the beverages that must be had, or the ones that everyone should just avoid.

Also this thread isn't for you to post lolsodrunk. If you do Imma lower your rep to -42.

Beverage Raiting

#1 Chocolate Milk 

I've been drinking a lot of single malt scotch or red wines lately. Oban 14 has been my go to lately. For wine, I usually drink Mark West Pinot Noir, but my buddy introduced me to a red blend called Prisoner - very good overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patdt13 said:

What brands?

I honestly couldn't tell you. Whatever the bar I'm at has in stock or on tap. I should start using Untappd to track though, because some are incredible, others not so much. 

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't think ciders are much different than wine coolers; they taste good, but I can only have one. They're just too sweet for me.

Same

This same question was just posed in the Bengals forum and i posted this:

1 hour ago, theJ said:

My go to's are some of the Great Lakes beers.  Probably the two i go for first:

Christmas Crack (Christmas Ale) - at christmas time obviously

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

The one i really like that i have a hard time finding is Total Eclipse Breakfast Stout.  They sell it at the Maumee Bay Brewing Company, a local restaurant.  But i've only seen it in stores once, and that store i saw it at has since closed.

For desert, Not Your Father's Root Beer.  But i can really only drink one of those most nights.  It's really sweet.

Along the same lines, i can get into a hard cider in the fall, but i don't have a favorite.  And like the one i mentioned above, only one.  Too sweet.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've been drinking a lot of single malt scotch or red wines lately. Oban 14 has been my go to lately. For wine, I usually drink Mark West Pinot Noir, but my buddy introduced me to a red blend called Prisoner - very good overall.

Been exclusive to the single malts for a bit now. Laphroaig 10, Glenlivet 12, and Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban right now.

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

Been exclusive to the single malts for a bit now. Laphroaig 10, Glenlivet 12, and Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban right now.

I just picked 'em up about a month ago. Used to drink a lot of blends (Johnnie Walker mostly) but enjoy the single malts for their simplicity. My buddies turned me on to them, and they're big on Balvene 12.

Had some Glenlivet 12 last weekend, REALLY good.