Alcohol Thread!

Glen

On 7/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, coors said:

Don't know where the hell I've been.. but Modelo Dark.. very good. 

Yeah, it's pretty solid. We were at an all-inclusive in Mexico a few months back and it was one of two beers on tap and was infinitely better than whatever the light option was.

2 hours ago, patdt13 said:

I had 2 Bud tallboys tonight along with some fireball. Wooooo

Man, I remember when I was 15 lol. Just throw in a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's and I'm right back in some random field at a buddy's house.

Anyways, been drinking a lot of mojitos over the summer months. I've been trying to branch out a bit more with beers lately. Living in Wisconsin, there's no shortage of selection.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Man, I remember when I was 15 lol. Just throw in a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's and I'm right back in some random field at a buddy's house.

Anyways, been drinking a lot of mojitos over the summer months. I've been trying to branch out a bit more with beers lately. Living in Wisconsin, there's no shortage of selection.

Sometimes you just gotta drink cheap beer

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, navysaintsfan said:

And for the record, yes tequila is a mezcal. Mezcal is made from agave. Tequila is made from ONLY blue agave. Start looking into mezcals and you will never go back to tequila.

Disagreed. There's a time and a place for mezcal, but it is a different flavor profile and unnecessarily complex at times.

To be fair, I am not one who loves the smokey flavors. If you are someone who loves the peat in a good scotch, I'd highly recommend giving mezcals a try

3 hours ago, Tatupu_64 said:

Disagreed. There's a time and a place for mezcal, but it is a different flavor profile and unnecessarily complex at times.

To be fair, I am not one who loves the smokey flavors. If you are someone who loves the peat in a good scotch, I'd highly recommend giving mezcals a try

I am exactly that person xD

Also, had my very first taste of cognac. Think I found a new thing I like.

Edited by navysaintsfan

I had a buddy of mine introduce me to sour beers (Gose) a few ago and I've been hooked on them since. I found one in particualr I really enjoy and that's the Anderson Valley Briney Melon. It's not as tart as some other that I've had but it's going an amazing flavor all the way through. 

• Like 1

I'm really liking the fact that we're getting more craft distilleries in Minnesota. We're starting to get some really good gins and Aquavit and even some whiskeys now. Vikre, Far North, Norseman and Tattersall are all some of the best ones, and then there are a lot more with Skarlhaaven (spelling might be wrong), J. Carver, Bent Brewstillery, and Panther that are doing solid stuff as well.

So I decided to give scotch a shot (Glenlivet 12) because a co-worker told me it was nothing like cheap whiskey in regards to how it smells/tastes. I'm a beer drinker who can't stand whiskey so I was willing to at least try to expand my horizons. So, I bought a bottle (with the agreement that if I didn't like it, I could sell it to said co-worker for basically what I paid for it), opened it, smelled it and immediately knew I'd hate it. Took a drink on the rocks and instantly regretted it. I'm sorry but whiskey/scotch is just not good. I'm definitely sticking to beer from here on out.

Edited by bkobow05

On 7/19/2017 at 8:43 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I just picked 'em up about a month ago. Used to drink a lot of blends (Johnnie Walker mostly) but enjoy the single malts for their simplicity. My buddies turned me on to them, and they're big on Balvene 12.

Had some Glenlivet 12 last weekend, REALLY good. 

No.