Alcohol Thread!

Glen

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Starbucks??

Last time I checked they don't sell organic, free trade, non-GMO, single origin, deconstructed bulletproof mushroom cold brew.

And if your coffee shop isn't communally owned, carbon neutral and built from 100% reclaimed materials, while also selling used records and bike parts, what is even the point?

I just lump all of the people that would go to Starbucks at take 10 minutes to talk out their one drink order together.

There is a brewery here in town that has a vegan section on their menu, has a beer style that nobody has made in a very long time, and gives you a discount if you come in on a bike.

10 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

There is a brewery here in town that has a vegan section on their menu, has a beer style that nobody has made in a very long time, and gives you a discount if you come in on a bike.

Isn't all beer (other than something with lactose) vegan be default? Are we counting yeast as animals now??

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Isn't all beer (other than something with lactose) vegan be default? Are we counting yeast as animals now??

It’s a brewpub with a restaurant. There were some old traditional breweries that use some dis parts as a filter, and the vegans are opposed to that

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sad to find out that Kentucky Bourbon isn't as great as it's made out to be. Of all of the bourbons I've tried in the last 3 days in Louisville, I still think Maker's is the best, outside of the $100+ bottles. Some of those $100+ were good, but not nearly good enough to justify the price either.

Was at a wedding in NOLA with my s/o and her dad ordered double shots of Maker's for all of her cousins and uncles (who were all pretty lit after the rehearsal dinner)

One of the younger ones refused, so I obliged in front of the patriarchs of the family after they all called him a kitty-cat.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What are some nice cold weather drinks? Never lived in a place that's cold and now that I do, my Gin and Soda Waters aren't cutting it.

Are you wanting warm drinks, or just strong drinks that make you feel warm?