Alcohol Thread!

Glen

On 11/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, Malfatron said:

nothing gives me the warm happies on a cold day than single malt scotch neat with a splash of water

Balvene 30. Had some on my birthday - good Lord, most amazing thing I've ever drank before.

• Like 2

Just now, Malfatron said:

rocks make it cold

Is that bad?  The ice just melts into that "splash of water" effect.  But it's tempered as you drink.

That's my preferred scotch preparation.  One or two "rocks" depending on the size.

Bourbon just gets ruined with ice.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Is that bad?  The ice just melts into that "splash of water" effect.  But it's tempered as you drink.

That's my preferred scotch preparation.  One or two "rocks" depending on the size.

Bourbon just gets ruined with ice.

Its not bad, i was just talking about a super cold day.

in the summer, i prefer rocks

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I think I might do a basic eggnog cocktail for my family Christmas party but don’t know if I should use bourbon or rum. Hmm. 

Also thinking of doing a chocolate peppermint martini for it or for my work or something. 

Look up the Jerry Thomas recipe for Eggnog, and follow that. It's a lot of yolks, a lot of sugar, and then you froth the whites, and lightly fold them in. You could use a Cognac or Brandy for the booze too.

You could always just make a Grasshopper at work, or a variation on it. It's creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and heavy cream.

If you want to have fun with a winter drink at work, start doing a Tom and Jerry. It's made almost like an eggnog, but tastes like a liquid sugar cookie. It's traditionally only served when the temp gets to 20 or less.