Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Just now, MWil23 said:

I picked up a bottle of Woodford Rye today. It was $30. I’m giving it a try at some point.

@ET80 @mistakey @LETSGOBROWNIES @Dome @Malfatron

Any thoughts or suggestions? I’ve never tried rye before. I was feeling risky.

Never had.  Most ryes are bad and flavorless but the good ones are spicy and the best.  Bulleit, willet, pikesville are my fav 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I picked up a bottle of Woodford Rye today. It was $30. I’m giving it a try at some point.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Never had.  Most ryes are bad and flavorless but the good ones are spicy and the best.  Bulleit, willet, pikesville are my fav 

Pretty much this.

Never had woodford rye, can’t seem to buy anything other than Bulleit.

I take that back, when a bar around here went out of business they were selling things cheap and a gal who waited on us all the time gave me a 6 oz pour 😲 of Whistle Pig Rye for 15 bucks.  (It pays to be a good tipper).  That was good too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pretty much this.

Never had woodford rye, can’t seem to buy anything other than Bulleit.

I take that back, when a bar around here went out of business they were selling things cheap and a gal who waited on us all the time gave me a 6 oz pour 😲 of Whistle Pig Rye for 15 bucks.  (It pays to be a good tipper).  That was good too.

I’m hoping for the best but am hoping for something spicy. Must be my fall default setting. Plus I’ve been on more of a citrus with honey and toffee scotch/bourbon kick. I’ll let you guys know my thoughts at some point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m hoping for the best but am hoping for something spicy. Must be my fall default setting. Plus I’ve been on more of a citrus with honey and toffee scotch/bourbon kick. I’ll let you guys know my thoughts at some point.

Citrus with honey and toffee huh?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph....

@NateDawg, you see this?   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Woodford stuff was ok when I had it. I don't think you'll be disappointed for $30. Knob Creek 100 proof Rye is also pretty good in that range. Bulleit is a little light, but a good value.

Ryes are a little spicy/peppery on the finish, sometimes a little sweeter up front, and there's usually a little funk to them. I would probably take a good rye over any of the other types of whiskey.

Go get yourself a small bottle of absinthe because it works great with rye, and there's some pretty amazing cocktails you can make with them together.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dome said:

The local store has it, I haven’t tried it yet 

Should give it a go if you like Peanut Butter, Stouts, or both. I don't proclaim to be a beerologist though.

Feels a tad dirty, buying imported beers, as Beijing's craft breweries are some of the best I've had in my travels. Moab, Utah's brewery being my favorite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Should give it a go if you like Peanut Butter, Stouts, or both. I don't proclaim to be a beerologist though.

Feels a tad dirty, buying imported beers, as Beijing's craft breweries are some of the best I've had in my travels. Moab, Utah's brewery being my favorite.

I’ll snag em. next time I’m at that store 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Woodford Reserve?

I like it. Its good value imo.

Its good on the rocks. pretty smooth

• Like 1