Alcohol Thread!

Glen

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Tugboat I just got the Woodford Wheat for $31 this week. It’s a nice spicy cinnamon apple IMO but I like the rich and spicy bourbon aspects that many don’t as much.

I've never even seen it before, but i do feel like i wouldn't be the biggest fan.  Apples are bogus.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Tugboat I just got the Woodford Wheat for $31 this week. It’s a nice spicy cinnamon apple IMO but I like the rich and spicy bourbon aspects that many don’t as much.

I've never even seen it before, but i do feel like i wouldn't be the biggest fan.  Apples are bogus.

How does everyone drink their bourbon? I’ve seen everything from neat to with a splash of water, diet or ginger ale. Obviously can be made into some signature cocktails as well. 

When I drank Blanton’s I drank it neat but the cheaper stuff I usually at least cut it with a splash of water and a big ice cube. 

1 hour ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

How does everyone drink their bourbon? I’ve seen everything from neat to with a splash of water, diet or ginger ale. Obviously can be made into some signature cocktails as well. 

When I drank Blanton’s I drank it neat but the cheaper stuff I usually at least cut it with a splash of water and a big ice cube. 

Neat, rocks (usually to cut some hotter stuff) or part of a cocktail.

Mixing with soda is for kids, basic chicks and hillbillies.  Fite me.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:53 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

This time of the year is the best. I am a HUGE Mad Elf fan and live like a half an hour away from Troegs so its fresh and its amazing. Anyone else a fan?

I can have one or two and I'll be satisfied for the season. When they release Nugget Nectar though, that's another story. I go through a few cases of that per year. 

For those who like stouts, these are fantastic:

Image result for wyndridge imperial stout

Image result for fried ice cream stout

The second one is a little sweeter, but not too much. Kinda tastes a little bit like cream soda. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I can have one or two and I'll be satisfied for the season. When they release Nugget Nectar though, that's another story. I go through a few cases of that per year. 

For those who like stouts, these are fantastic:

Image result for wyndridge imperial stout

Image result for fried ice cream stout

The second one is a little sweeter, but not too much. Kinda tastes a little bit like cream soda. 

That second one I could really get into, but New Jersey is a bit far, I'll see if I can find it locally.

I actually live like 10 minutes from Wyndridge so I'll definitely need to try that first one too

23 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

That second one I could really get into, but New Jersey is a bit far, I'll see if I can find it locally.

I actually live like 10 minutes from Wyndridge so I'll definitely need to try that first one too

I live near Reading, PA and there's a place I go to that has it. You can ask this guy to order whatever you want for you too though which is awesome. 

On 25/11/2019 at 9:38 AM, MWil23 said:

I drink my bourbon neat or with just a touch of water to open up the flavor...or in old fashioned form.

Yeah.  Bourbon is neat for me.  Unless it's real cheap bourbon, in which case it's probably in a cocktail and probably that's an old fashioned.  It just doesn't benefit from an ice cube like scotch does.  The bite is part of what makes Bourbon delicious in the first place.  Why you wanna wreck that?

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Bourbon is neat for me.  Unless it's real cheap bourbon, in which case it's probably in a cocktail and probably that's an old fashioned.  It just doesn't benefit from an ice cube like scotch does.  The bite is part of what makes Bourbon delicious in the first place.  Why you wanna wreck that?

I don't think I do anymore now I'm just furiously scrambling on how to fit nice bottles of bourbon into my monthly budget.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like we need to talk about Holiday Nogg Recipes.

What's ya'lls go to mix?

I'm still really experimenting, but i feel like 1/2 nog, 1/4 brandy, 1/4 cheap bourbon, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg stirred in...is my jam, and just feels like Christmas time.  But i'm open to suggestions.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like we need to talk about Holiday Nogg Recipes.

What's ya'lls go to mix?

I'm still really experimenting, but i feel like 1/2 nog, 1/4 brandy, 1/4 cheap bourbon, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg stirred in...is my jam, and just feels like Christmas time.  But i'm open to suggestions.

Page 87. I posted pictures of Jerry Thomas’ egg nog recipe, and the one for a Tom & Jerry