Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Friend gave me some gin from a small distillery in Cali, and it's pretty solid.  Gray Whale.

Also, I made licorice gin with some bombay and some licorice coins, and made a martini with that, a few dashes of orange bitters, and an orange twist.  The quality of both the gin and the licorice is lacking, but I think I'm onto something there.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Friend gave me some gin from a small distillery in Cali, and it's pretty solid.  Gray Whale.

Also, I made licorice gin with some bombay and some licorice coins, and made a martini with that, a few dashes of orange bitters, and an orange twist.  The quality of both the gin and the licorice is lacking, but I think I'm onto something there.

Use licorice root. Put a good sized pinch in the gin, and let it sit for around 48 hrs. Try it and see if it needs more time. It will taste way better. Infusions are fun too. 

My wife and I did an infusion class at the local gin distillery. We made one that's strawberry, pink peppercorn, and licorice root. Came out really good, and I hate black licorice. For vegetation, go for 48 hours. Fruit will take a day or two more. Something like licorice isn't going to infuse well, or fast. You'd have to give it a while before it breaks down enough to give the flavor.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, MrDrew said:

Judging by your posts, and misspelling of alcohol, it's probably a little too much.

Either that, or not quite enough maybe.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell.  Let's just suffice to call him Ishmael.  And hopefully drown in the overflow.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Added it to my list of ones to try. I just picked up Blade & Bow and I really enjoy it. 

Any other bourbon recommendations for me to try from anyone? $50 is probably my max. 

Angel’s Envy and Basil Hayden are two of my favs.

If you like rye, Basil Hayden Rye is really good.  Wyoming Whiskey is nice as well.

• Like 1