Alcohol Thread!

Glen

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Interesting.. I'm listening to Jethro Tull's greatest hits on vinyl and just noticed your avatar 😎 Locomotive Breath playing at the moment

My dad is a Jethro Tull fanatic. I’ve seen them in concert 3 times myself.

Stand Up is my go to though.

• Like 1

My personal favorite is Caribou Lou drink. The aura its create is unmatchable. Whenever i go out with  my friends or our favorite team wins a match then we celebrate it with this drink.

I remember those day when we drinks collect money to purchase it.

I have many memories attached with this drink since my school days.

And its still our favorite.      

On 1/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, Davidsmithy said:

My personal favorite is Caribou Lou drink. The aura its create is unmatchable. Whenever i go out with  my friends or our favorite team wins a match then we celebrate it with this drink.

I remember those day when we drinks collect money to purchase it.

I have many memories attached with this drink since my school days.

And its still our favorite.      

This is described as Rum (no idea what type)? + Malibu Rum (sugar added) + Pineapple Juice?

That seems, fine.  I'd drink it.  But i'd also rather not drink it?  Kinda seems like a mock Pina Colada maybe?

I just bought a kegerator. A guy down the street from my in-laws was selling his, barely used, for about $200 less than retail. The lines were filthy so cleaning it was a bit of a pain, and the coupler/beer line washer wasn't the right size so I had buy new washers and got beer sprayed in my face, but now that it is all set up and working correctly, it is my new favorite thing.

• Like 2

Not 100% alcohol related but my wife got me a cool flask for Christmas. It’s wrapped in leather, my initials on the front, my brothers writing for the word love, and his signature. Nice little way to keep whiskey, it was his favorite. Damn near cried when I saw it.YpWjg8P.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I’m thinking about taking my work’s vodka midway through the distillation process when it’s still at 190 proof and making a moonshine of sorts for the bar and infusing it with peaches and peach syrup. But wondering if or how I can use the peach pit because it will offer a bitterness/nuttiness I think on top of the sweetness but I also am not smart enough to know how potent the cyanide in certain fruit pits is

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, Ty21 said:

I’m thinking about taking my work’s vodka midway through the distillation process when it’s still at 190 proof and making a moonshine of sorts for the bar and infusing it with peaches and peach syrup. But wondering if or how I can use the peach pit because it will offer a bitterness/nuttiness I think on top of the sweetness but I also am not smart enough to know how potent the cyanide in certain fruit pits is

You work at a distillery? 

On 1/11/2021 at 5:42 AM, Tugboat said:

This is described as Rum (no idea what type)? + Malibu Rum (sugar added) + Pineapple Juice?

That seems, fine.  I'd drink it.  But i'd also rather not drink it?  Kinda seems like a mock Pina Colada maybe?

Let me help you. "Half a bottle of 151 rum, one cup Malibu, fill the rest with pineapple juice."

And for the record, I have served Tech N9ne many times when I was bartending. He actually drinks these or KC Tea (Hennessy, Sprite, lemon). Really nice guy in my experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHXFARUOYY0

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

And for the record, I have served Tech N9ne many times when I was bartending. He actually drinks these or KC Tea (Hennessy, Sprite, lemon). Really nice guy in my experiences.

My brother met him after a concert on the streets of Portland and said the same thing. He was very cool and seemed genuine when he thanked people that came up and said they were fans. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Haven't posted in TASTY in years, so this may have been covered, but who's ready for (or already drinking them like me) Ranch Water weather?

I read this and the only thing I can think of is an alcoholic hidden valley...

I’m not saying no but I’m saying I’d need wings.