Alcohol Thread!

Glen

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Light or dark? Do you like IPA's, stouts, just lagers?

Saying "recommend beer" is like "recommend food", it depends on what you like and everyone has different tastes.

Unless you like Coors Light, then you have no taste ;)

Can you recommend food too plz 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bells Two Hearted and some Cuban food.

If you're serious about learning more about some beers I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Bruh that's a Michigan beer. I'm so proud of everything that happens in Michigan. 

And yeah I'm interested in learning more just have no idea how to ask or what to ask for lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Bruh that's a Michigan beer. I'm so proud of everything that happens in Michigan. 

And yeah I'm interested in learning more just have no idea how to ask or what to ask for lol. 

Best advice I can give is go to a local brewery.  Most will have either flights (4-6 samples of beer, 4-5 oz per sample) or 4-5 oz samples for $2-3.

Order a bunch of different stuff, try everything.  If you find something you like, try another beer similar to it (same style).

A quick Google search of places near South Bend and I found http://crookedewe.com, which looks to have a good selection of beers as well as some BBQ.

When you go to a brewery, just ask the bartender what they recommend. Most breweries have a beer or two their best known for and will direct you there. Also, just let them know you don't know much about beer and most places are more than happy to put together a well rounded flight for you to try.

Another option is go to Kroger and get a "mixer sixer" from the beer isle and fill it with things you've never tried and look interesting.

Worst case scenario is you have a beer you don't like and you slam it back and move on.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Best advice I can give is go to a local brewery.  Most will have either flights (4-6 samples of beer, 4-5 oz per sample) or 4-5 oz samples for $2-3.

Order a bunch of different stuff, try everything.  If you find something you like, try another beer similar to it (same style).

A quick Google search of places near South Bend and I found http://crookedewe.com, which looks to have a good selection of beers as well as some BBQ.

When you go to a brewery, just ask the bartender what they recommend. Most breweries have a beer or two their best known for and will direct you there. Also, just let them know you don't know much about beer and most places are more than happy to put together a well rounded flight for you to try.

Another option is go to Kroger and get a "mixer sixer" from the beer isle and fill it with things you've never tried and look interesting.

Worst case scenario is you have a beer you don't like and you slam it back and move on.

I might just do the mixer sixer thing but I think I'll do it at Meijer. 

Has anyone on here heard of Journeyman's? It's in my hometown of like 1300 people and it's right next to my house and I'm curious how big it is outside of my general area. Greenbush too, which is in the town over. And haymarket the town over from that. Just curious because the area is tiny and was dead a few years ago so it's super interesting stuff is becoming relevant to the universe now

33 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I love love love craft beer. The game in the North East is unreal. I live in Western New York if anyone wants some recommendations for the area. I know craft beer is really localized so it's hard to point someone in the right direction when I don't know the breweries.

oh sweetie have you not been to the west coast? 

as a lil bit of a beer nerd going to oregon/CA from new england was a lil mind blowing. i'm sure where you are is better than where i am but I feel like we've got a lot of uncreative breweries around here 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

as a lil bit of a beer nerd going to oregon/CA from new england was a lil mind blowing. i'm sure where you are is better than where i am but I feel like we've got a lot of uncreative breweries around here 

Oh I bet, I'm not saying I'm anywhere near a hotspot but I do live near a bunch of breweries. I can only imagine the west coast lol.

The places I'm near do have great work, there's just not a lot. 

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Pretty much any decent size city is going to have a few decent breweries.

I mean, it's beer, not rocket science.  Folks everywhere have it figured out.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Troy Brown said:

Man, Atlanta has a great craft brew scene. Sweetwater, Orpheus, etc. Sooooo good.