Alcohol Thread!

Glen

On 8/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, MrDrew said:

Any other gin drinkers?

And before you say gin tastes like pine needles, know that it's only cheap gin that tastes that way. Gin has the same range as tequila where the cheap stuff is undrinkable, and the good stuff is easy to sip. Go find yourself a good gin and tonic make with good gin, and good tonic syrup (Not tonic water. Most tonic water tastes like feet). 

I like the pine needle taste.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

I had a buddy of mine introduce me to sour beers (Gose) a few ago and I've been hooked on them since. I found one in particualr I really enjoy and that's the Anderson Valley Briney Melon. It's not as tart as some other that I've had but it's going an amazing flavor all the way through. 

I'm not a sours guy but my one friend is huge into them and his recent kick has been Dogfish Head  Sea Quench Ale. I gave it a try, was pretty decent but probably couldn't drink more than one.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:43 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I just picked 'em up about a month ago. Used to drink a lot of blends (Johnnie Walker mostly) but enjoy the single malts for their simplicity. My buddies turned me on to them, and they're big on Balvene 12.

Had some Glenlivet 12 last weekend, REALLY good. 

I'm not a big scotch guy but if you like single malts Aberfeldy 12 was VERY good for the price.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, MrDrew said:

Any other gin drinkers?

And before you say gin tastes like pine needles, know that it's only cheap gin that tastes that way. Gin has the same range as tequila where the cheap stuff is undrinkable, and the good stuff is easy to sip. Go find yourself a good gin and tonic make with good gin, and good tonic syrup (Not tonic water. Most tonic water tastes like feet). 

I'll dabble. They stopped making my favorite awhile back but i'll still stumble upon a bottle on occasion. Tanqueray Rangpur.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, MrDrew said:

Any other gin drinkers?

Nothing better then gin with a splash of ginger ale. 

So what is everybody's go-to gin? 

I've been buying one from a local distillery, but they only have local distribution right now. If I can't get theirs, I'll buy Big Gin.  

I can only get my favorite from Florida, and shipping isn't cheap. New World Gin from St Augustine Distillery is great if you ever get the chance.