Trade Embiid or Simmons? Or stay the course.

resilient part 2

If you ask me, I just don'r see how they fit together, Although Embiid is a hard matchup for anyone, not sure if I want my Franchise player being a lazy out of shape pouter..

Simmons is a 2 way star without any jumpshot..Get a new coach may help a bit, but how much??? what can Philly even get in return? They have no Cap room either..

Edited by resilient part 2

Simmons can't be tradable.

The way I see it, Simmons needs to be given the room to become a top 5 NBA player in the league. Doing anything else with him is just wasting time and talent. Sixers can't be contenders if this condition is not met. If he can't do it, ok then you can go from there depending how he develops. Even if the team needs to take a step back for a year or two, fine. Building a team around Embiid with Simmons playing handoff QB is not going to go farther than it has already gone.

I agree with @dante9876from the other thread, give the keys to a new coach and see what happens before any big moves are made, but it has to be Simmons driving full throttle or nothing.

Edited by Mossburg

Embiid has more trade value so I'd trade him if I had to trade one. 

New coach is the play now though. Right now values too low. 

The formulas simple. Surround them with shooters and defenders. Its not that hard. I don't know how they ended up with their 3 and 4 guys as Horford and Harris who are bad fits on terrrrrrible contracts. The issue is they have very little value to improve this roster without trading Ben or Joel. 

I might do something crazy like Embiid + Horford for Beal, Wall, Washingtons pick. I dunno its hard to find a fit to improve this team when everyones on huge deals, the pieces dont fit, and their players outside Embiid/Simmons arent good. 

• Like 1

If I am Embiid I am starting to force myself into a trade out of Philly. Who knows how many good years he has left given his fatigue and injury issues in the past. The pieces that they have don't fit and are not going to fit, regardless of the coach. If they can't find a way to unload the brutal contracts of Harris and Horford and are able to bring in some shooters/depth they are going to keep disappointing in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Have we waited the full Process time? Or are we still trusting the Process?

I mean, the NBA forced Hinkie out lol. I would have liked to see him try and build a contender. This isn't the process - the Sixers somehow managed to hire the most incompetent front office ever AFTER Colangelo.

You don't trade a top 15ish guy because your front office put together a terrible team around the two. Fire the coach. Fire the FO. See if you can get off Horford. It's brutal. Those Harris and Horford contracts are crippling 

13 hours ago, Mossburg said:

The way I see it, Simmons needs to be given the room to become a top 5 NBA player in the league.

He will never be a top 5 player in the league without a jumpshot. He's the one I'm trading if I'm the sixers, and I'm targeting the Wizards.