Going back to college

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That was the athlete math class at Wisconsin. Until I got done with calc, I hated every single person who took that class. After that I mostly concentrated my hatred on physics.

*Former athlete*

This checks out! 😂 

In all honesty, with my double major in history/political science and education, I only needed 1 math class to graduate. It was easy and fit my schedule. 

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I dropped out of college and went back when I was around 28.  Was working full time, I took 12 credit hours a semester which was the minimum I had to take in order to be considered full time.  I also squeezed in a class or two during summer semesters.  It took me like 3 to 3 and 1/2 years to finish what should have been a normal 2 years.  

I dropped out because I just was too immature for the responsibility of it all when I first started.  I should have never had gone to college directly after high school.  I did pretty poorly because I had no interest in being there.  Once I went back I found college extremely easy.  You’ll be shocked how much a few years of life experience teaches you.  I was just so better prepared to be there.  

Congratulations, you’re making the right decision and you’ll be proud of yourself when it’s completed.

Sounds pretty similar to me, except I only went to school for a year before I dropped out, and went back right before I turned 24. Finally got my degree last summer. But yeah, I had no interest in being there the first time around. When I went back, I found college to be really easy, actually. My last year was the only one that I found somewhat tough, mainly just because I was tired of school, stressed, and ready to be done. But that last year was actually my best year GPA wise.

• Like 1

I guess my other post didn’t go through...

@naptownskinsfan I was burnt out after high school, went to community college, and then essentially failed out after one semester. After a two year hiatus I went back and got an associates. Now, roughly a decade later, I’m finishing up my bachelors (3 semesters left) with a 3.85 gpa. Going back later in life was actually a good thing for me. 

"It's never too late to create a life you love. You must be prepared to hear, "How old will you be when you finish?" a number of times. I learned to answer this one, "The same age I'll be if I don’t finish!"
Source

You're going to be 35, 40, etc no matter what. Do you want to be 35 or 40 with or without a degree. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Y’all wanna start a frat?

I'm down to play an overbearing, elitist Dean who is looking to tear down the rec center to build a ski resort.

It's pretty much what I do every day here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm down to play an overbearing, elitist Dean who is looking to tear down the rec center to build a ski resort.

It's pretty much what I do every day here.

I’m going to leave a burning bag of dog poop on your steps.

36 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I was hoping for more of a Dean Pelton.

This is the greatest compliment I've ever received on this site. I'd proudly be a Dean-a-lean if it gets me on the cover of Dean Magazine...

BARACK OBAMA BE SCAAAAAAARED OF ME!!!