Rank these Packers receivers

patriotsheatyan

have been watching since the end of the 04' season, so missed Javon Walker's big year in GB. missed all of Antonio Freeman's career, so I'm omitting them. 

1A. Greg Jennings 
1B. Jordy Nelson
1C. Davante Adams
1D. Donald Driver

5. Randall Cobb 

you could talk me into a different order for any of the first four there. jennings is the most talented receiver i've ever seen in green bay. could do everything at a super high level. RAC king. blocked his *** off. elite off the line. big plays through the air. circus catches regularly. elite in traffic. dude was sensational even though he didn't have a MONSTER season like Jordy and Davante have. 

jordy was everything you want in a receiver. never said ****. elite deep threat and of course had ridiculous chemistry with rodgers. less versatile than greg. 

davante, when drafted, was thought to be a james jones "replacement", which was a stupid narrative. but... i think he's got a mixture of qualities of james jones and the stuff that made greg jennings so special. elite off the line and real good RAC. great play strength in the air and knows how to position himself like james jones was great at. he could work his way to the top of the list, but i think greg and jordy just had way more game-breaking potential, but they were also working with prime rodgers. 

donald a top 3 favorite packer all time to me. was a culture-setter. tough as ****, fearless worker over the middle, RAC king. to have him 4th, feels disrespectful and it could just be recency bias. could have him 1 and i'd get it. my first full year watching in 2005, him and al harris were the only positive aspects of the team. 

cobb was a fun weapon and had a huge year in that contract year that gave him the bag. clearly below the other 4. 

I always liked Donald Driver, because he was consistent for so long, but I think Jordy Nelson and Javon Walker really looked like stars at their max potential. Antonio Freeman as well. 

Why no Lofton or Sharpe? They are probably the best receivers for the Packers post merger. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

3 different WRs who retired as the all-time leader in catches, yds, and/or tds played a significant chunk of their career for the Packers - can you name them? 

You're talking all time NFL records I'm guessing. I can only think of Hutson and Lofton being 2 of the 3. Sharpe came after Rice, and retired before him so I'm guessing he wouldn't have had any significant records in the 7 years he played that either Rice or someone else didn't already have. 

59 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

You're talking all time NFL records I'm guessing. I can only think of Hutson and Lofton being 2 of the 3. Sharpe came after Rice, and retired before him so I'm guessing he wouldn't have had any significant records in the 7 years he played that either Rice or someone else didn't already have. 

Billy Howton played for GB and Dallas and retired (per PFR) as the NFL's all time leader in catches and yards. 

Lots of good ones in there, but Sterling Sharpe is the best Packer receiver I've ever seen.  As for the rest of them:

1.Donald Driver

2.Jordy Nelson

3. Devante Adams

4.Antonio Freeman

5.Greg Jennings

6.Javon Walker

7.Randall Cobb

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1