Spider-Woman Movie, Anyone Interested?

DGriff

So there's a lot of talk of a Spider-Woman movie being made.  But the character is quite controversial.  Something about she fell pregnant without the baby having a father. 

Just sounds weird to me, anyone know more about about it?

I mean, obviously there was a dad, just an anonymous donor rather than a super-hero (or villain, I guess). I highly doubt that they bring that particular storyline into the film(s), much like they didn't bring Hank Pym's domestic abuse into the Ant-Man movies and played down Tony Stark's alcoholism.

Jessica Drew is a potentially interesting character in the mold of the movie version of Black Widow. Olivia Wilde on board as writer and director is a great sign that they'll try to make her an actually interesting standalone character instead of just capitalizing on the Spider-Man adjacency. I'm optimistic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue said:

I mean, obviously there was a dad, just an anonymous donor rather than a super-hero (or villain, I guess). I highly doubt that they bring that particular storyline into the film(s), much like they didn't bring Hank Pym's domestic abuse into the Ant-Man movies and played down Tony Stark's alcoholism.

Jessica Drew is a potentially interesting character in the mold of the movie version of Black Widow. Olivia Wilde on board as writer and director is a great sign that they'll try to make her an actually interesting standalone character instead of just capitalizing on the Spider-Man adjacency. I'm optimistic.

What the hell. This info is not wanted or needed.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 3:35 PM, DGriff said:

So there's a lot of talk of a Spider-Woman movie being made.  But the character is quite controversial.  Something about she fell pregnant without the baby having a father. 

Just sounds weird to me, anyone know more about about it?

Spider-Jesus?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 43M said:

The only idea worse than a Spidey Woman movie is letting Olivia Wilde write and direct it.

Hope they make it, though....for shiz n' giggles.

Me, too.  We need 10 years of Tom Holland growing as Spider-Man before he can properly face off against Venom, and we need about 7 years between the most recent Venom movie before Disney will use the character again, so we have only three years for Sony to fail into selling off the rights to the characters they still have.

Morbius will be one big failure.  We need one really hard bomb.  That’s Spider-Woman.

It is Jessica Drew, she's a Spider-Man property so deal would have to be worked out for her to be in the MCU, unless it's some odd sharing thing like that was with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

As for the movie itself, I haven't watched Venom yet, Morbius doesn't interest me that much, Spider-Woman actually interests me more than either of those do, so I'll be curious to hear reviews on it. It probably falls into the category of a future digital rental like the other Sony Spider-Man stuff does.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

It is Jessica Drew, she's a Spider-Man property so deal would have to be worked out for her to be in the MCU, unless it's some odd sharing thing like that was with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

As for the movie itself, I haven't watched Venom yet, Morbius doesn't interest me that much, Spider-Woman actually interests me more than either of those do, so I'll be curious to hear reviews on it. It probably falls into the category of a future digital rental like the other Sony Spider-Man stuff does.

We don’t know it’s Jessica Drew.

It could be numerous other characters including an original version created. I believe Jessica Drew has appeared in more Avenger related comics than Spideman specific, so her rights could be difficult.