Predicting the Jets won - loss record for 2020 and other rants

Big T

Okay, were about 3 weeks out until the season starts, and I am ever the optimist.

I believe we have more offensive weapons than given credit for,

even with a depleted WR corps. However Perriman is lighting up the camp and Mim's should be back in the next week or so.

We have a good group of TE's, and RB's who can catch out of the backfield.

Bell is in the best shape of his life, Perine like bell can catch out of the backfield.

Being realistic I believe we will have some growing pains on the OL,

but that's to be expected considering all the new faces and the pandemic year obstacles all teams must face.

The Defense especially the big uglies has to be considered one of the better lines in football,

especially against the run.

Q Williams is tearing up the camp, A Davis is getting rave reviews, and as far as losing Mosley is concerned,

he was lost to the Jets last year and we still had a top defense.

Maye is killing it too and many of the corners are playing well i.e. Austin

Lastly I want to add Mann to the defense, because the way this guy kicks

gives the Jets a better foothold on keeping the opponents deep into their side of the end zone.

Most are giving the Jets a poor grade as to what their record can be, but not me, I think the Jets can win 10 games this year, Miami is weak, 

the Bills are over rated, and N.E. is a shell of the team they once were.

The Jets 10-6

I got us hovering around 8 wins give or take a game.  I think we likely split with our division.  Winning both against MIA would go a long way but we always seem to split.  I got 4 wins outside the division that puts us at 7.  Winning both against MIA bumps us to 8.  Sam going into Superman mode a game would possibly bump is to 9 but then there is always that big let down game which probably pushes us back to 8.

Edited by Rockice_8

I dunno man.  The OL was getting abused by our D which caused Sam to play less than stellar in padded practice.  If the OL is going to play bad, we will be lucky to escape with 6 wins.  It does not matter who our WR's are if Sam does not have the time to throw.  This will also greatly affect our run game.  No holes equals no gains.  Sorry to be a downer, but unless the OL steps it up when games start, we will suck again.

Signed the eternal pessimist ie, a Jet fan.

It all comes down to the OL and Darnold. And of course number of games played. But I’ll assume a full 16 games.

If the OL plays poorly, 5 or 6 wins.

If the OL plays close to average and Darnold plays like he did last year when giving average protection, around 8 wins.

If the OL plays close to average and Darnold takes a step forward, 8-10 wins.

So, basically I see us anywhere between 5-10 wins. 😂. I’ve never seen our OL play together. 

Edited by SDotNova

Sep. 13        at Buffalo Bills (L)
Sep. 20        San Francisco 49ers (L)
Sep. 27        at Indianapolis Colts (W)
Oct. 1        Denver Broncos (W)
Oct. 11        Arizona Cardinals (L)
Oct. 18   at Los Angeles Chargers (W)
Oct. 25        Buffalo Bills (W)
Nov. 1        at Kansas City Chiefs (L)
Nov. 9        New England Patriots (W)
Nov. 15        at Miami Dolphins (L)
Nov. 22        BYE
Nov. 29        Miami Dolphins (W)
Dec. 6    Las Vegas Raiders    (W)
Dec. 13        at Seattle Seahawks (L)
Dec. 20    Los Angeles Rams    (L)
Dec. 27        Cleveland Browns (W)
Jan. 3        at New England Patriots (L)

me being optimistic 8-8. i'm not sold on them beating Indy, Denver or Cleveland.  Also not completely sold on any W's vs NE or BUF

Sep. 13        at Buffalo Bills (L)
Sep. 20        San Francisco 49ers (L)
Sep. 27        at Indianapolis Colts (W)
Oct. 1        Denver Broncos (L)
Oct. 11        Arizona Cardinals (L)
Oct. 18   at Los Angeles Chargers (W)
Oct. 25        Buffalo Bills (W)
Nov. 1        at Kansas City Chiefs (L)
Nov. 9        New England Patriots (W)
Nov. 15        at Miami Dolphins (W)
Nov. 22        BYE
Nov. 29        Miami Dolphins (W)
Dec. 6    Las Vegas Raiders    (W)
Dec. 13        at Seattle Seahawks (L)
Dec. 20    Los Angeles Rams    (L)
Dec. 27        Cleveland Browns (L)
Jan. 3        at New England Patriots (W)

I have us at 8-8

If the OL can gel and a couple WRs exceed expectations we can sneak into 9-7 or 10-6. But if they struggle... I can see us going 7-9 or 6-10.

This is a very difficult season to predict. Last year we went 7-9 but had the metrics of like a 4-5 win team...we were a bad 7 win team whose defense probably stole a couple of games and then the week 17 win in Buffalo was really pretty lame. So my answer is we are again a 7-9 team but a much better 7-9 team and one that is taking steps in a more consistent direction. I would like to think we will be a lot more competitive in every game this season except KC and SF games where I think they’ll beat us easily. The schedule is tough and we just aren’t there yet so I don’t think it’s going to translate into a better record this year, but if Darnold takes a solid step forward and our young players start to show upside I think that’s realistically a reasonable year. Real testament to how bad it’s got here and how low the bars been set. 

• Like 1

We have a tougher  schedule on paper this year. I think we are a 500% team. The worst we will do is 8-9 or 9-8. if we have the 17 game schedule. To tell you the truth i will be happy with a 500% season if Darnold has a outstanding year. Darnold is the Key factor for 2020.

Too many ifs, not only with us (Sam,OL, WRs, Secondary) but also with other teams. 

Murray and Hopkins could make Arizona real dangerous

Lock, Jeudy and Hamer could transform Denver’s offense into one that’s actually good

Rivers with the change of scenery and the Indy OL might have a rebound year

Carr could play with a chip on his shoulder because of all the rumors about trading him

Cam, if healthy,  might reinvent the NE offense.

if Baker has his head on straight, he has the weapons to return to his rookie year form

Tua and Herbert will probably start the season on the bench but how long will that last?

if our offense is middle of the pack, I can see us winning 7-9 games, otherwise we could easily see a 4-12 season