Predicting the Jets won - loss record for 2020 and other rants

Big T

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

For those elf you saying 10 wins...my god are you going to be disappointed. I’m starting to think my prediction of being a better 7-9 team than last year is too high. This is just a bad football team.

I have to agree with you, I have been to optimistic at the start of every year for to many years. We have to many question about our roster.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, Heymangold said:

The tough part of this is that this team probably won’t be a favorite in any game.  To be completely honest, I could see us losing every game.  I don’t think that could happen but I don’t feel good about any game.  

I tried not to be too pessimistic but darn, I can see that too. Of course 0-16 has only been done twice so it’s safe to say we’ll win some games but Miami, probably our weakest opponent, really improved themselves. Even with Fitz as their starting QB, having Williams for the year and adding. Jordan Howard and Austin Jackson, maybe Hunt, should improve their offense. It’s on defense that I think they really struck gold by adding Van Noy, Ogbah, and Jones plus that Noah I draft pick and Weaver.
if Tua is healthy and takes over the starting job, they could make a run for the playoff or division title.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, doumeyer said:

I have to agree with you, I have been to optimistic at the start of every year for to many years. We have to many question about our roster.

Easy for you to say that since you already witnessed Jets capturing the SB trophy. 😣

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, SDotNova said:

It all comes down to the OL and Darnold. And of course number of games played. But I’ll assume a full 16 games.

If the OL plays poorly, 5 or 6 wins.

If the OL plays close to average and Darnold plays like he did last year when giving average protection, around 8 wins.

If the OL plays close to average and Darnold takes a step forward, 8-10 wins.

So, basically I see us anywhere between 5-10 wins. 😂. I’ve never seen our OL play together. 

Let me explain. Haha.

I did say I have no clue because we didn’t get to see them play in the offseason. I also gave a range based on Darnold and OL play. So giving that scenario, I said we would win 5 or 6 games. I did not expect our defense to be this bad. 

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Let me explain. Haha.

I did say I have no clue because we didn’t get to see them play in the offseason. I also gave a range based on Darnold and OL play. So giving that scenario, I said we would win 5 or 6 games. I did not expect our defense to be this bad. 

EXPLANTION ACCEPTED  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, Heymangold said:

Sep. 13        at Buffalo Bills (L)
Sep. 20        San Francisco 49ers (L)
Sep. 27        at Indianapolis Colts (W)
Oct. 1        Denver Broncos (W)
Oct. 11        Arizona Cardinals (L)
Oct. 18   at Los Angeles Chargers (W)
Oct. 25        Buffalo Bills (W)
Nov. 1        at Kansas City Chiefs (L)
Nov. 9        New England Patriots (W)
Nov. 15        at Miami Dolphins (L)
Nov. 22        BYE
Nov. 29        Miami Dolphins (W)
Dec. 6    Las Vegas Raiders    (W)
Dec. 13        at Seattle Seahawks (L)
Dec. 20    Los Angeles Rams    (L)
Dec. 27        Cleveland Browns (W)
Jan. 3        at New England Patriots (L)

me being optimistic 8-8. i'm not sold on them beating Indy, Denver or Cleveland.  Also not completely sold on any W's vs NE or BUF

On 8/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, Heymangold said:

The tough part of this is that this team probably won’t be a favorite in any game.  To be completely honest, I could see us losing every game.  I don’t think that could happen but I don’t feel good about any game.  

lol - in a span of 3 days i went from an optimistic 8-8 to a potential 0-16.  i wonder what happened?

On 8/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, JetsandI said:

Easy for you to say that since you already witnessed Jets capturing the SB trophy. 😣

I have to be truthful that SB game I just sat hardly moved no jumping up and down I really didn't think we would win. The Colts had a very powerful team they only lost one game all year till the SB. And for once I under estimate the Jets we push them all over the field,  We held their get offensive to a late td by Johnny Unitas. Joe Namath was MVP in that SB win. And that win caused the merger of the NFL & AFL,

On 8/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I think Sam playing all 16 games we will be 10-6 and win a playoff game.

If we lose Sam for 3 or more games we will fall to 6-10.

Lol I was right that Sam missing games we would lose. The 6-10 pick I knew I was a little high but did not know I was 5 or 6 games to high. I thought maybe 1 or 2 lol.