Batman: Gotham Knights

thrILL!

I'm intrigued by the Court of Owls storyline as it's one of the best Batman storylines ever imo.  Not sure about some of the voice casting in this esp Batman.  Gameplay looks pretty promising and the 2p co-op should be a blast.  Not sure if it's online or split-screen couch mode.

Didnt see anything wrong with the voice acting.      I remember people bashing the guy who voiced Batman in Origins, when in reality, he did a fine job.     Not saying you are bashing this voice actor, but I feel like people are used to Conroy and Hammill and dont like chance.   Unfortunately, those two legends are at the end of their careers.       The short video with Bruce Wayne talking was fine.   And for the record, I have had issues with voice acting in some of DC's animated features, mainly because the voices didnt always seem to fit the characters.   I didnt see that as an issue here.

Based on what Im seeing and reading, it looks like the story will have a single player campaign with the option for co-op gameplay.    Its sounding like the game will have RPG elements, and the XP they show you gaining lends to that.    They said you will be able to build these characters up however you want.     Im wondering if for the single player, if the other characters will join you as CPU controlled if you arent playing with friends.    And of course, I fully expect challenge maps and online co op play.

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I said in another thread that the only thing that may get me to buy a PS5 is a new Arkham game. Of course they went and made one...

I'm going to have to seriously consider it now. But I should probably upgrade to a 4k tv first.

1) its not an Arkham game.   Its not connected to the Arkham series. The new Suicide Squad game is, though.

2)  Its going to be a current gen game with next gen ports.  If you have a PS4, 360 or decent PC, you wont necessarily need a next gen console.

Edited by 43M

9 hours ago, 43M said:

1) its not an Arkham game.   Its not connected to the Arkham series. The new Suicide Squad game is, though.

2)  Its going to be a current gen game with next gen ports.  If you have a PS4, 360 or decent PC, you wont necessarily need a next gen console.

It picks up where Arkham Knight left off. I'd consider that a continuation of the series.

37 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It picks up where Arkham Knight left off. I'd consider that a continuation of the series.

It's probably an alternate universe game in case Rocksteady ever wants to dip back into the Arkham universe.

Remember it's WB montreal making Knights and not rocksteady. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

???

If youre talking about Gotham Knights....no it isnt.  Its a completely new Batman universe.  Already confirmed by WB Montreal.

The Suicide Squad game, however, takes place in the Arkhamverse.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 43M said:

???

If youre talking about Gotham Knights....no it isnt.  Its a completely new Batman universe.  Already confirmed by WB Montreal.

The Suicide Squad game, however, takes place in the Arkhamverse.

The trailer for the game picks up where AK left off...

edit: I just re-watched the ending of AK. Gordon was alive but the Batman/Bruce stuff is the same.

Edited by kingseanjohn

On 8/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, 43M said:

Didnt see anything wrong with the voice acting.      I remember people bashing the guy who voiced Batman in Origins, when in reality, he did a fine job.     Not saying you are bashing this voice actor, but I feel like people are used to Conroy and Hammill and dont like chance.   Unfortunately, those two legends are at the end of their careers.       

Conroy is a legend but I’m more partial to Bruce Greenwood.  William Baldwin was really good too in Crisis on Two Earths.  We love Hamill for multiple things but his Joker is a little over the top for me for something like this anyway.  It’s not the right tone needed. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The trailer for the game picks up where AK left off...

edit: I just re-watched the ending of AK. Gordon was alive but the Batman/Bruce stuff is the same.

The studio has been dropping hints about the game since last September, but those teasers have accelerated in the last week. WB Montreal announced that its next game will be featured in a developer panel at the show, and then it began dropping clues through a teaser site that revealed a map and references to villains like Two-Face.

WB Montreal's developer talk isn't the only DC Comics-based video game revealed during Fandome. Rocksteady also showed off Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Unlike Gotham Knights, this game takes place in the same universe as the Arkham games, acting as a semi-sequel. It also takes place at least partly in the much brighter environment of Metrpolis, whereas the Arkham games and Gotham Knights have been set in Gotham City.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gotham-knights-revealed-is-a-co-op-game-where-batm/1100-6481037/

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

The studio has been dropping hints about the game since last September, but those teasers have accelerated in the last week. WB Montreal announced that its next game will be featured in a developer panel at the show, and then it began dropping clues through a teaser site that revealed a map and references to villains like Two-Face.

WB Montreal's developer talk isn't the only DC Comics-based video game revealed during Fandome. Rocksteady also showed off Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Unlike Gotham Knights, this game takes place in the same universe as the Arkham games, acting as a semi-sequel. It also takes place at least partly in the much brighter environment of Metrpolis, whereas the Arkham games and Gotham Knights have been set in Gotham City.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gotham-knights-revealed-is-a-co-op-game-where-batm/1100-6481037/

So the previous game ends with an explosion and Bruce Wayne assumed dead. The trailer for this one starts out with news reports about an explosion, Bruce Wayne assumed dead, and Bruce sending out a message that he blew up the cave and he was dead.

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

So the previous game ends with an explosion and Bruce Wayne assumed dead. The trailer for this one starts out with news reports about an explosion, Bruce Wayne assumed dead, and Bruce sending out a message that he blew up the cave and he was dead.

tenor.gif

Yeah but A. Different developer B. It's literally from the game developers mouth C. there's always headcanon.

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

tenor.gif

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Could it just be a coincidence?