Batman: Gotham Knights

thrILL!

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just find it hard to get hyped for a Batman game that has no Batman.

Yet.

Seems like an easy add for them at some point to keep the live service going.

Not sure what their plans are for continuing it. But have to think part of that would be adding new Bat-family or adjacent members. 

It’s definitely an adjustment, but happy some of them will get fleshed out some more in the games.

16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yet.

Seems like an easy add for them at some point to keep the live service going.

Not sure what their plans are for continuing it. But have to think part of that would be adding new Bat-family or adjacent members. 

It’s definitely an adjustment, but happy some of them will get fleshed out some more in the games.

I dont think its a live service game.

However, a) I believe Batman will be alive by the end of this and b)  there will likely be a DLC where he is playable.

40 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont think its a live service game.

However, a) I believe Batman will be alive by the end of this and b)  there will likely be a DLC where he is playable.

True, more like a hybrid co-op action game. But does seem like there might be some LS elements, maybe I’m just paranoid ha.

Hopefully they detail some of the post launch plans and kinda give that scope. Did just read that you can play it offline, which is a nice sign.

Watching how much work they put into Gotham it seems like it’d make sense to support it with new characters instead of doing a sequel. Would be great to get an old school expansion next year.. Batman, Batwing, Batwoman, Damian Wayne, plenty of stuff they could add.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Went Gold, so maybe one game won’t get delayed out of this fall. Gives them like two months to crunch bugs, etc. As well as work on any post launch content.

Im interested to see how this turns out.

Looks solid, but I could see it disappointing, ala Avengers.

10 hours ago, 43M said:

Im interested to see how this turns out.

Looks solid, but I could see it disappointing, ala Avengers.

About where I’m at, I’m glad they seem a little more dedicated to the world. The on rails feel of Avengers in those lifeless pointlessly large maps added a lot to the tedium.

Also they say there are no micro transactions, so that’s a nice difference. Avengers seemed to exist just to get you to buy stuff.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Storywise, looks better than most DCEU garbage.

Gameplay...TBD.

Yeah looks like there could be some solid stuff in there.

All I need is an unedited chunk of gameplay at this point. Scares me how some of it is coming across.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2022 at 1:38 AM, Kiltman said:

Yeah haven’t heard anything good once it dropped, stuff that I thought was going to be default fine like the city apparently are bad and lifeless.

Yep....should have just kept going with the Arkham series.

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yep....should have just kept going with the Arkham series.

They killed that Damien Wayne Batman Arkham game for this, would’ve been cool to see that era of Gotham. Not full on Beyond era but in the middle, get some villains in the last era of being active and new ones starting.

Kinda uncharted waters

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They killed that Damien Wayne Batman Arkham game for this, would’ve been cool to see that era of Gotham. Not full on Beyond era but in the middle, get some villains in the last era of being active and new ones starting.

Kinda uncharted waters

That, or a sequel to Arkham Origins that bridged the gap between Origins and Asylum.   Would have been cool to see Grayson as Robin and Barbara as Batgirl in that world.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 43M said:

That, or a sequel to Arkham Origins that bridged the gap between Origins and Asylum.   Would have been cool to see Grayson as Robin and Barbara as Batgirl in that world.

Would’ve been good too, like that idea.

I hope whoever ends up buying WB/D in 2 or 3 years when they are selling, can do better for the franchises and studios. 

• Like 1