Stephon Gilmore

everlong

So why did we throw a bunch of money at this guy? All he does is give up big plays, miscommunicates with the rest of the secondary and commits penalties at the worst possible time. He's a liability every time he's on the field.

Gilmore has always been a streaky guy performance-wise. He gave up big plays in Buffalo too, but now that he plays for the Pats, his lapses became more apparent (and worse too, it seems). I personally could never understand why he's been such a highly rated player.

20 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Are you referring to the ticky tacky penalties on him that cost the Patriots the game today? I don't necessarily blame Gilmore. The refs in the game were horrible, not many other refs throw those flags.

He did have two miscommunications with Rowe that resulted in blown coverage and big plays

Still, benching him is a silly proposition. Jones would not be an improvement, he would almost certainly be worse. 

From a Billy

Talking about Gilmore? Yeah he struggles often. He never broke out. He has flashes but commits way to many penalties and gets beat far to often. He did not deserve that amount of money. We are paying Tre White a rookie salary and has been way better than Gilmore ever has. Gaines has been awesome to. Glad we got a great player like Gaines and a 2nd for Sammy 

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

From a Billy

Yeah. I think that is the general thought for most Bills fans, even during the offseason. We were a lot more angry about losing Gillislee than Gilmore. He's got some good qualities but he just never took that next step. He is extremely grabby and seems to get beat deep super easily but has occasional performances that make you think he could be a shut down corner occasionally.

His one on one coverage has been the best of the secondary.

He has no idea what his teammates are doing but I'd take him over Butler right now, even with the penalties. If Butler weren't a Super Bowl hero, I suspect people would be getting on him a lot more. He's been hot garbage since the get go in training camp.

Just now, everlong said:

It's getting torn apart with him on the field.

So let's put a much, much worse player on the field. A guy with no experience.

That will improve things, I'm sure. Then, after Jones gets torn apart, they can go to Bademosi. Or bring in a street FA.

Archived