Stephon Gilmore

everlong

2 minutes ago, everlong said:

This could have been avoided if we kept Logan Ryan and not overpay an overrated player that the fans didn't mind losing. But never mind that Ryan is a more cohesive player, Gilmore is more talented!

Ryan had plenty of issues early in his career. But "WORST DC EVER" Patricia coached him up into a guy you're upset about losing.

1 minute ago, everlong said:

This could have been avoided if we kept Logan Ryan and not overpay an overrated player that the fans didn't mind losing. But never mind that Ryan is a more cohesive player, Gilmore is more talented!

Gilmore is our most talented defensive back at one on one coverage by a healthy margin. Having Ryan would have added continuity and erases some mistakes but he still would have got beat more often, wouldn't have fixed our pass rush, wouldn't have made Butler play better, and wouldn't have changed some of the miscommunication. 

Again you are sounding foolish and acting like a correctable issue warrants shooting our defense in the head and guaranteeing we don't do a thing this year 

8 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

So let's put a much, much worse player on the field. A guy with no experience.

That will improve things, I'm sure. Then, after Jones gets torn apart, they can go to Bademosi. Or bring in a street FA.

Never actually played football, but I'd love to have a crack...

Just now, everlong said:

If Gilmore is so good one-on-one and is struggling with communication, then put him on an island.

Maybe they should. But maybe other guys actually need the help and it's not his fault that he's struggling to fill a role to cover for other guys. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Maybe they should. But maybe other guys actually need the help and it's not his fault that he's struggling to fill a role to cover for other guys. 

Yeah, the assumption  is that Gilmore is the one who is having the lapses of communication but some of these issues could be on other guys too

16 minutes ago, everlong said:

Stop acting like Logan Ryan didn't have plenty of issues 

15 hours ago, everlong said:

You're the same fan that shredded Logan Ryan when he was here anytime he had a down game. No doubt in my mind.

Looks like the Pats are already seeing why we never felt comfortable paying this guy that sort of money. He flashes potential but he either gets beat deep, has a costly holding or P.I call on 3rd down, miscommunication with others in the secondary, or / and is a soft tackler. I'm not trying to troll when I say this but I'm glad he's not our problem to deal with now.

My advice would be to put him on an island and hope you can get some pressure, the only issue when you put him on an island is teams realize Gilmore is very grabby and lob it up to the WR to get a flag. I saw Tom do it many times the Bills / Gilmore in the past.

Archived