Stephon Gilmore

everlong

On 02/10/2017 at 2:21 PM, The BILLievers said:

Looks like the Pats are already seeing why we never felt comfortable paying this guy that sort of money. He flashes potential but he either gets beat deep, has a costly holding or P.I call on 3rd down, miscommunication with others in the secondary, or / and is a soft tackler. I'm not trying to troll when I say this but I'm glad he's not our problem to deal with now.

My advice would be to put him on an island and hope you can get some pressure, the only issue when you put him on an island is teams realize Gilmore is very grabby and lob it up to the WR to get a flag. I saw Tom do it many times the Bills / Gilmore in the past.

BB must have seen something worth paying. He's been in the game a long time, and defense is his thing. There absolutely must be some upside? 

This secondary is going to click and I think we're going to look back at this part of the season and laugh at our overreactions. I'm not saying its concerning right now. But this unit is too damn talented it for it to be playing this poorly.

Just a gut feeling. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

BB must have seen something worth paying. He's been in the game a long time, and defense is his thing. There absolutely must be some upside? 

Yeah at times he can be a shutdown corner on an island but holds often. A pass rush is a must if you're going to get Gilmore at his best.

4 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah at times he can be a shutdown corner on an island but holds often. A pass rush is a must if you're going to get Gilmore at his best.

Every "shutdown" CB in the league holds often. You can't consistently play great man coverage without a lot of holding and grabbing.

While on the subject of Gilmour's contract anyone know how much the Jaguars have paid A.J. Boyue? I read he has played great this season and not allowed very many completions & yards at all. Also I read Joe Haden has been holding is own as well with the Steelers. I'm not sure how Logan Ryan is faring with the Titans though as haven't dug anything on him yet.

10 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

While on the subject of Gilmour's contract anyone know how much the Jaguars have paid A.J. Boyue? I read he has played great this season and not allowed very many completions & yards at all. Also I read Joe Haden has been holding is own as well with the Steelers. I'm not sure how Logan Ryan is faring with the Titans though as haven't dug anything on him yet.

I'm not sure, but I'd say this. The name doesn't matter if there's communication issues. It could be Peterson, and if he's taking on McCourty's assignment - the receiver is open. It's deeper than Gillmore. 

17 minutes ago, everlong said:

So I've heard they let him shadow Mike Evans all game? Wasn't able to watch the game outside of gamecast.

Yeah from what I saw, he was on Evans most of the time and seemed to do a pretty reasonable job. Don't recall seeing any huge mistakes, and I don't recall him being called for any penalties. Mine is hardly the most nuanced of views though, so others may differ. 

39 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Romo kept insisting they were playing more zone, but it seemed to me they were still playing a decent amount of man coverage.  Butler on Jackson, Gilmore on Evans.

Tony was talking about the safeties and LBs. Gilmore played almost exclusively man defense.

That being said, the corners did play a ton more zone, especially on the shallow routes

• 3 months later...

Archived