Did Ravens make a mistake replacing Ozzie?

DontTazeMeBro

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Do you have proof that I don’t?

Don't need to. My BS detector is finely tuned after 13 years of working with Webby. And it's going off.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And don’t even try to come at me with any conspiracy theorist nonsense about anonymous sources not being proof

I won't. You're full of it, no conspiracy theory required to confirm that.

On 8/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, Silver said:

Two strong drafts? Trades a backup kicker to Minnesota for a 5th round pick that turns into a trade for Calais Campbell. Traded a fifth and a backup LB to the Rams for Marcus Peters who went on in half a season with 3 picks and 2 for touchdowns. Retained a few vets, got Derek Wolfe and manages a good salary cap. Earl Thomas turned out to be a bad signing. Big deal. Even Bill Belichick makes bad signings.

EDCC2.jpg

And this doesn't even mention Marcus Peters

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Ethics. They don’t want to go on the record.

I just don't even see the smoke here. Not a single report about Any controversy regarding the timing or the transition. 

Just difficult to believe when there is nothing to go on, and it All seemed planned. 

Maybe Ozzie wanted to go on for 1-2 more years, but was told it was time. In that case, nothing indicates there Are Any Hard feelings or ill Will towards the organization from Ozzie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danand said:

I just don't even see the smoke here. Not a single report about Any controversy regarding the timing or the transition. 

Just difficult to believe when there is nothing to go on, and it All seemed planned. 

Maybe Ozzie wanted to go on for 1-2 more years, but was told it was time. In that case, nothing indicates there Are Any Hard feelings or ill Will towards the organization from Ozzie

Not to mention Ozzie has continued to work as a consultant / scout for the org. If he was actually demoted against his will, he has zero reason to stick around. Any organization would be happy to pay him relatively handsomely to work for them on his own schedule. 

He has options with the Bama program as well.

There's almost zero chance he hangs around the Ravens org if they forced his hand in any way 

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Jesus. I've rarely ever entered the Gen section. Now I know why this poster had a mini meltdown in our forums the other day.. 

I had no idea this thread was still going. It's a weird one for sure...

Edited by DreamKid

5 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Ethics. They don’t want to go on the record.

Tbf, I think it’s possible that he got somewhat “forced out” though I’m thinking it’s definitely more fair to say phased out.

I don’t think it was a Rodgers/Love or Favre/Rodgers situation. I think it’s more of a Mark Ingram/JK Dobbins type of situation. Ingram is running hard still but he’s over 30 and there’s now a clear succession plan in place.

But it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if Ozzie wanted to hang on for a few more years to get one more try at fixing the WR position, the one stain on his GM record considering he found Lamar in his last draft (not that Flacco was a slouch either). 

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Tbf, I think it’s possible that he got somewhat “forced out” though I’m thinking it’s definitely more fair to say phased out.

I don’t think it was a Rodgers/Love or Favre/Rodgers situation. I think it’s more of a Mark Ingram/JK Dobbins type of situation. Ingram is running hard still but he’s over 30 and there’s now a clear succession plan in place.

But it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if Ozzie wanted to hang on for a few more years to get one more try at fixing the WR position, the one stain on his GM record considering he found Lamar in his last draft (not that Flacco was a slouch either). 

It was Ozzies draft, but isn't the story, that it was EDC that made the initial suggestion to trade up and take Lamar?

Thats the story I have heard/read from our own organization

2 hours ago, Danand said:

It was Ozzies draft, but isn't the story, that it was EDC that made the initial suggestion to trade up and take Lamar?

Thats the story I have heard/read from our own organization

He made a comment along the lines of, “Should we go up and get Lamar?” And Ozzie agreed.

But I don’t give the credit to EDC there above Ozzie, though I know EDC was involved... they both were. Just like Ozzie is still involved in the process, but the credit goes to EDC.

The Ravens craft a draft plan prior to the draft and guestimate tons of scenarios and how they will look to operate based on which factors take place and which prospects are on the board. So EDC making that statement suggests to me that Lamar was always a part of their draft plan scenario and EDC was simply verbalizing the plan the team had already had in place. Ozzie was simply giving him additional credit for the verbalization because that’s what great leaders do.

I look at it similar to a husband that suggests sushi because he knows his wife likes sushi. Then the wife posting on social media, “my awesome husband treating me out to sushi #love” because she knows it validates the husbands efforts. See the same scenario here with EDC and Ozzie, clearly they’re husband and wife and Lamar Jackson is sushi.
😂 🤓

Funniest thing about all this is Ozzie is still in the building every day... And although he doesn’t make the “final” decisions anymore..... He definitely has a lot of input... EDC hasn’t been perfect but he doesn’t let mistakes linger as long as Ozzie neither... As great as Ozzie was he tended to give players waaaayyy to long a chance in too many cases toward the end... no way frank walker and Corey Ivy should have made so many rosters lol... respectfully 

Edited by bmorecareful
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

Funniest thing about all this is Ozzie is still in the building every day... And although he doesn’t make the “final” decisions anymore..... He definitely has a lot of input... EDC hasn’t been perfect but he doesn’t let mistakes linger as long as Ozzie neither... As great as Ozzie was he tended to give players waaaayyy to long a chance in too many cases toward the end... no way frank walker and Corey Ivy should have made so many rosters lol... respectfully 

Remember the days of us starting Shareece Wright? Good times, good times. Remember the amazing FA acquisitions at FS of Michael Huff, Kendrick Lewis, and oh God I have to stop there because it's too painful to remember.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He made a comment along the lines of, “Should we go up and get Lamar?” And Ozzie agreed.

But I don’t give the credit to EDC there above Ozzie, though I know EDC was involved... they both were. Just like Ozzie is still involved in the process, but the credit goes to EDC.

The Ravens craft a draft plan prior to the draft and guestimate tons of scenarios and how they will look to operate based on which factors take place and which prospects are on the board. So EDC making that statement suggests to me that Lamar was always a part of their draft plan scenario and EDC was simply verbalizing the plan the team had already had in place. Ozzie was simply giving him additional credit for the verbalization because that’s what great leaders do.

I look at it similar to a husband that suggests sushi because he knows his wife likes sushi. Then the wife posting on social media, “my awesome husband treating me out to sushi #love” because she knows it validates the husbands efforts. See the same scenario here with EDC and Ozzie, clearly they’re husband and wife and Lamar Jackson is sushi.
😂 🤓

I was with you until the sushi part. My world consists of being asked "we want sushi today?" which means sushi is on the menu and I have to go get it.

But again, I am also told that I want to have a full beard, so I have a full beard, even though it is hot in the summer

• Like 2