Fantasy Football Thread

Humble_Beast

Just finished my only fantasy team for the year. Big $300 buy in, and I barely studied the draft til the past few days, been so busy.

12 Team PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def, 1 K, 6 Bench. 15 total roster spots.

2nd pick in the draft.

Quarterbacks:

Carson Wentz (9)

Aaron Rodgers (10) (will probably start Rodgers most of the time)

Running Backs:

Saquon Barkley (1)

Miles Sanders (2)

Zack Moss (6)

Bryce Love (12) (my deep sleeper RB)

Wide Receivers:

D.J. Moore (3)

Allen Robinson II (4)

Courtland Sutton (5)

A.J. Green (8)

Bryan Edwards (13) (my deep sleeper WR)

Tight Ends:

Rob Gronkowski (7)

T.J. Hockenson (11)

Going to play matchups with these guys. Starting Gronk Week 1.

Defense:

Philadelphia (14)

Kicker:

Brandon McManus (15)

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Just finished my only fantasy team for the year. Big $300 buy in, and I barely studied the draft til the past few days, been so busy.

12 Team PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def, 1 K, 6 Bench. 15 total roster spots.

2nd pick in the draft.

Quarterbacks:

Carson Wentz (9)

Running Backs:

Saquon Barkley (1)

Miles Sanders (2)

Zack Moss (6)

Wide Receivers:

D.J. Moore (3)

Allen Robinson II (4)

Courtland Sutton (5)

A.J. Green (8)

Tight Ends:

Rob Gronkowski (7)

T.J. Hockenson (11)

Defense:

Philadelphia (14)

Kicker:

Brandon McManus (15)

Looks really good. I avoided Wentz in all my leagues because I simply don't trust his health, but Rodgers is a great QB2. Sanders will likely play limited snaps early in the year too but once he is healthy you have 2 top 10 RBs imo.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

2nd pick in the draft.

Quarterbacks:

Carson Wentz (9)

Running Backs:

Saquon Barkley (1)

Miles Sanders (2)

Zack Moss (6)

Wide Receivers:

D.J. Moore (3)

Allen Robinson II (4)

Courtland Sutton (5)

A.J. Green (8)

Tight Ends:

Rob Gronkowski (7)

T.J. Hockenson (11)

Defense:

Philadelphia (14)

Kicker:

Brandon McManus (15)

Looks good... little thin on rbs 

• Like 1

Was going to sit this year out but after reading about your teams I decided I should do at least 1 last minute draft.  10 team league PPR

QB
Tom Brady
Bench
Josh Allen

RB
Saquon Barkley
RB
Austin Ekeler
FLEX
Joe Mixon
Bench
Leonard Fournette
Bench
J.K. Dobbins

WR
Cooper Kupp
WR
Keenan Allen
Bench
DeVante Parker
Bench
Will Fuller V
Bench
Mike Williams
Bench
Bryan Edwards

TE
Darren Waller

D/ST
49ers D/ST

K
Greg Zuerlein

On 9/9/2020 at 9:47 PM, BayRaider said:

2nd pick in the draft.

Quarterbacks:

Carson Wentz (9)

Running Backs:

Saquon Barkley (1)

Miles Sanders (2)

Zack Moss (6)

Wide Receivers:

D.J. Moore (3)

Allen Robinson II (4)

Courtland Sutton (5)

A.J. Green (8)

Tight Ends:

Rob Gronkowski (7)

T.J. Hockenson (11)

Defense:

Philadelphia (14)

Kicker:

Brandon McManus (15)

I know nothing about fantasy ... but looks good.  In the past... years ago it seemed like the least knowledgeable people did pretty well... I don’t mean to say your not knowledgeable, I mean it seems to me people over think fantasy sports too much and your better off many times just freestyling.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Herndon imo. 

that sounds surprising.... why do think that?  (Again i know little about fantasy sports).... and I’d assume Fant would have better stats.  I can see him putting up at least 55rec, 725-750yds, and 4-6 TD.  I think Herndon has some upside but not that much and while the Jets offense lacks weapons don’t think he’ll see huge statistical growth off last year.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I know nothing about fantasy ... but looks good.  In the past... years ago it seemed like the least knowledgeable people did pretty well... I don’t mean to say your not knowledgeable, I mean it seems to me people over think fantasy sports too much and your better off many times just freestyling.  Good luck!

I’m hoping people are overthinking the Gronk situation. A year off hasn’t hurt players that much recently. Plus, Gronk wasn’t his usual Gronk self in 2018 because he was getting double and triple teamed left and right. Pats WR cores in 2018 and 2019 were probably Bottom 3 in the NFL. 

If they are right about Gronk, hopefully Hockenson has a breakout year. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I played a lot in years past and have tried all sorts of strategies.  You need skill and luck but most of all you need to be able to admit you made a mistake.  The more flexible you are the greater your chances to make smart moves when you need.  I always try to hold 2-3 players I could drop and not think twice about it.  Rotating different players every week.  Eventually when you find the gems you stop rotating and at the end of the season you have a deep squad.  Still does not mean you will win but your chances are a lot higher. 

In 2018 I had a killer team and had a 1st round bye.  I did not pay attention to the points in week 1 of the playoffs much but Derick Henry was on the wire.  After he went of I wanted to grab him but he did not do much before that week so I decided just to role with my team and not use my #1 waiver position.  The guy I went up against picked him up and I took 3rd place in the league even though I would have beaten everyone in the final week by a large margin.  Cost me close to $500.