FIRE LEBEAU!!!

ttitansfan4life

I don't want to call for LeBeau's head. But after the fourth time Hopkins burned McCain on the outside when he was left on an island I was officially ready to let him walk. Allowing your fourth best corner to consistently get matched up one-on-one with one of the best receivers in football is just laughably terrible.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

However acting like Jon Robinson, Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie all sat down and said "hey lets design our offense like this even though it makes Mariota worse " is probably one of the more ridiculous things I think I've read.

That's a terribly, pathetic fake scenario.  All coaches have a system they want to run and are stubborn about running their system.  This is nothing new. 

Having the deep ball be the focal point of our passing offense is asinine with a QB like Mariota.  It's one thing to be top 10 or 15 in deep ball attempts/air yards but to be top 3-5?  That's stupid and makes no sense for the qb we have.  We run a similar system to the Bucs but they have the QB for that system, we don't.  

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't want to call for LeBeau's head. But after the fourth time Hopkins burned McCain on the outside when he was left on an island I was officially ready to let him walk. Allowing your fourth best corner to consistently get matched up one-on-one with one of the best receivers in football is just laughably terrible.

Still don't get why we didn't have Ryan on Hopkins. He's had great success against him over career. 

Just not smart gameplanning.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Still don't get why we didn't have Ryan on Hopkins. He's had great success against him over career. 

Just not smart gameplanning.

It's not even that we didn't have Ryan shadowing Hopkins. It's that when they had Hopkins on Ryan's side of the field, they felt compelled to kick Ryan to nickel. It's just so fundamentally stupid that I have no idea how they put together that gameplan without someone, anyone, pointing out just how ridiculous it was.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It's not even that we didn't have Ryan shadowing Hopkins. It's that when they had Hopkins on Ryan's side of the field, they felt compelled to kick Ryan to nickel. It's just so fundamentally stupid that I have no idea how they put together that gameplan without someone, anyone, pointing out just how ridiculous it was.

The fact they made no changes, even after seeing how he was lighting up McCain, makes it all the more worse.

As good as the coaching adjustments were last week, this week's coaching was poor. The more I think of this game and how we performed, the more pissed I become..lol.

Just now, footlunder said:

That's a terribly, pathetic fake scenario.  All coaches have a system they want to run and are stubborn about running their system.  This is nothing new. 

Having the deep ball be the focal point of our passing offense is asinine with a QB like Mariota.  It's one thing to be top 10 or 15 in deep ball attempts/air yards but to be top 3-5?  That's stupid and makes no sense for the qb we have.  We run a similar system to the Bucs but they have the QB for that system, we don't.  

Except the QB runs the offense perfectly fine for like 2 or 3 quarters out of the game.

At some point this fan base is going to come to the realization that Marcus isn't some elite, once in a lifetime QB that would be bordering on flawless in a certain system.

He's good. He's not great. He has his flaws. Those flaws are evident no matter what system he's going to run. Again, he had the exact same issue in college that he has now, and that's starting slow. He himself has pretty much admitted that.

And for the record, Mariota has thrown 12 deep passes all year long. That's 23rd in the league(though SNF QBs and MNF QBs aren't factored in to this yet cause they're still playing/yet to play, and TB/MIA QBs are a game behind).That's only 10.9% of his passes, which is 18th in the league. Last year 13.8% of his passes were deep throws(3rd in the league). So the Titans have cut down pretty heavily on his deep passes, yet still, his struggles remain.

Why is that?

Because Mariota has issues. And that's ok. He's not perfect and he doesn't need to be. But it's not because Mularkey's system is dooming him to fail.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Except the QB runs the offense perfectly fine for like 2 or 3 quarters out of the game.

At some point this fan base is going to come to the realization that Marcus isn't some elite, once in a lifetime QB that would be bordering on flawless in a certain system.

He's good. He's not great. He has his flaws. Those flaws are evident no matter what system he's going to run. Again, he had the exact same issue in college that he has now, and that's starting slow. He himself has pretty much admitted that.

And for the record, Mariota has thrown 12 deep passes all year long. That's 23rd in the league(though SNF QBs and MNF QBs aren't factored in to this yet cause they're still playing/yet to play, and TB/MIA QBs are a game behind).That's only 10.9% of his passes, which is 18th in the league. Last year 13.8% of his passes were deep throws(3rd in the league). So the Titans have cut down pretty heavily on his deep passes, yet still, his struggles remain.

Why is that?

Because Mariota has issues. And that's ok. He's not perfect and he doesn't need to be. But it's not because Mularkey's system is dooming him to fail.

Not all fans who criticize the staff for mishandling mariota are mariota homers.  Never thought Mariota would be elite or great.  So...stop that.  Again, this is another tactic coach defenders use to divert attention from a crappy system.

Thank you for proving that I was right that he was 3rd in deep passes!!!  And his struggles remain because we're still running the same system and the deep ball certainly is a focal point of our offense.  Wentz is a in a extremely qb friendly system, Dak, Goff, Winston all have coaches that understand the qb position.  All of these young guys are in systems that are better suited for them but are just as inconsistent or more inconsistent than Mariota.  It's understandable that a 23 year old would be inconsistent especially since neither one of us think he's elite.  If you know that about your qb, then don't exacerbate his weaknesses.

It's okay to blame the coaching staff and the system they run.  They are not perfect and that's ok as well.

5 minutes ago, footlunder said:

Not all fans who criticize the staff for mishandling mariota are mariota homers.  Never thought Mariota would be elite or great.  So...stop that.  Again, this is another tactic coach defenders use to divert attention from a crappy system.

Thank you for proving that I was right that he was 3rd in deep passes!!!  And his struggles remain because we're still running the same system and the deep ball certainly is a focal point of our offense.  Wentz is a in a extremely qb friendly system, Dak, Goff, Winston all have coaches that understand the qb position.  All of these young guys are in systems that are better suited for them but are just as inconsistent or more inconsistent than Mariota.  It's understandable that a 23 year old would be inconsistent especially since neither one of us think he's elite.  If you know that about your qb, then don't exacerbate his weaknesses.

It's okay to blame the coaching staff and the system they run.  They are not perfect and that's ok as well.

you realize that aside from goff, who has really come on this season and is outclassing all of them, none of these guys are putting up numbers that are measurably better than mariota's, right?

Yes, 3rd last year. 23rd this year. Same issues remain. Seems like the common denominator in our passing issues despite the differences in the playcalling are the QB. You claim his issue is we throw deep too much, yet quite clearly this year we're not throwing it deep that much.

Should we never have him throw deep at all? I mean the only thing separating him and the guy in last place(that's played 4 games) is 4 attempts, and that's Mike Glennon who has 8 deep attempts on the year. Tom Brady leads the league with 27.

The statistics don't back up your narrative at all.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

you realize that aside from goff, who has really come on this season, none of these guys are putting up numbers that are measurably better than mariota's, right?

That's the point.  These guys have coaches and systems that are better suited for them than mariota and they're just as inconsistent/more inconstant AND haven't put up the numbers mariota has.  Our qb is actually not as bad as Titanlegend claims.

That's the point.  These guys have coaches and systems that are better suited for them than mariota and they're just as inconsistent/more inconstant or put up the numbers mariota has.  Our qb is actually not as bad as Titanlegend claims.

I never said he was bad. I said his issues are his own issues, biggest of which is starting slow. Which has been the case for him his entire football playing life.

You claim his issue is we rely too much on the deep ball, when this year we've barely even thrown the deep ball.

Yes, 3rd last year. 23rd this year. Same issues remain. Seems like the common denominator in our passing issues despite the differences in the playcalling are the QB. You claim his issue is we throw deep too much, yet quite clearly this year we're not throwing it deep that much.

Should we never have him throw deep at all? I mean the only thing separating him and the guy in last place(that's played 4 games) is 4 attempts, and that's Mike Glennon who has 8 deep attempts on the year. Tom Brady leads the league with 27.

The statistics don't back up your narrative at all.

My numbers are fine.  Nice try using 3 games this year though.  Its your narrative that's failing -- stop defending the coaches.  They deserve quite a bit of blame.  

My numbers are fine.  Nice try using 3 games this year though.  Its your narrative that's failing -- stop defending the coaches.  They deserve quite a bit of blame.  

But you are claiming his issues this year are the same as last year(too many deep balls) when that's 100% obviously not the case. He's not even in the top half of the league in % of deep throws. What exactly are you expecting?

I never said he was bad. I said his issues are his own issues, biggest of which is starting slow. Which has been the case for him his entire football playing life.

You claim his issue is we rely too much on the deep ball, when this year we've barely even thrown the deep ball.

You sure are insinuating the majority of the blame should be shouldered by Mariota.  We start slow because we run, run and then expect Mariota to hit  over 50% on 3rd down when he's a rhythm passer.  Again, they continue to exacerbate his weaknesses.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

But you are claiming his issues this year are the same as last year(too many deep balls) when that's 100% obviously not the case. He's not even in the top half of the league in % of deep throws. What exactly are you expecting?

Nice try, using a 3 game sample size.  We are running the SAME system.  Same issues as last year.  

Archived