FIRE LEBEAU!!!

ttitansfan4life

I think the offense/play calling needs its own thread.

I will say what I've said numerous times. I wished we ran more no huddle spread. That's obviously Mariota's bread and butter. The lack of us doing that so far this season(besides our 2 minute drill) has been disappointing.

1 minute ago, footlunder said:

Nice try, using a 3 game sample size.  We are running the SAME system.  Same issues as last year.  

What else am I supposed to use? You claim deep balls are the biggest issue this season. We're barely even throwing the deep ball this season. Your argument falls apart then you fall back on "sample size"? We're talking about his issues this season, which is only the 3 and a half games he's played. The offense is not asking the same of Mariota so far this season that it asked of him last season as much as you want to claim it is, and the numbers quite clearly show you're wrong. What more do you want?

Just now, TitanLegend said:

What else am I supposed to use? You claim deep balls are the biggest issue this season. We're barely even throwing the deep ball this season. Your argument falls apart then you fall back on "sample size"? We're talking about his issues this season, which is only the 3 and a half games he's played. The offense is not asking the same of Mariota so far this season that it asked of him last season as much as you want to claim it is, and the numbers quite clearly show you're wrong. What more do you want?

My numbers weren't wrong though.  And we're still running the same system so there's a good chance he'll be top 3-5 in that category again.  

Just now, footlunder said:

My numbers weren't wrong though.  And we're still running the same system so there's a good chance he'll be top 3-5 in that category again.  

But they are wrong for this season. He's not in the top of the league in deep passing. He's closer to the bottom than anything else.

Yes, like I said and the statistics supported last season, we asked him to throw deep a lot. We have not asked him to do that this season. It's not been the same offense through 4 weeks as it was last year. Maybe you end up being correct and they go back to it, who the hell knows, but the fact of the matter is it is not that way right now.

And even though it is not that way right now, his issues still remain.

No the coaching staff is not perfect. Pretty effin far from it. But they are not the reason he struggles. He struggles because he struggles early in games. He's pretty much admitted that, it's been evident all year, it's evident even going back to college when he did run the intermediate read option offense.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

No the coaching staff is not perfect. Pretty effin far from it. But they are not the reason he struggles. He struggles because he struggles early in games. He's pretty much admitted that, it's been evident all year, it's evident even going back to college when he did run the intermediate read option offense.

He struggles early in games because of the system we run too.  Mariota's overall red zone efficiency and 3rd down success also carried over from college.  Thank God, right.  Imagine how much worse he'd be in this offense.  If you're a run heavy team then you have to find way to get your rhythm passer going early.  Robiski and Mularkey have not done a good job of helping their 23 year old QB with that.  

50 minutes ago, footlunder said:

He struggles early in games because of the system we run too.  Mariota's overall red zone efficiency and 3rd down success also carried over from college.  Thank God, right.  Imagine how much worse he'd be in this offense.  If you're a run heavy team then you have to find way to get your rhythm passer going early.  Robiski and Mularkey have not done a good job of helping their 23 year old QB with that.  

It’s a Waste of time trying to get them to see the big picture. All they keep saying well when we win everyone praises the coaching staff, or why fire a guy that turned our organization around in 1 season. They just don’t see the big picture, they don’t see that malarkey is hindering Marcus from reaching elite potential, because he wants our qb, to play under center & manage the game. We drafted 2 play making WRs & a TE with scary potential to be used sparingly, because we're this smash mouth run the football down your throat team. Mariota struggles to get in rhythm because of play calling & it’s crazy that the only time that the HC wants to spread it out & play towards his strength, is when we’re losing & it’s like save us Marcus.

dude is a joke as HC I pray he proves me wrong & I eat crow because I really don’t want Marcus to have to learn another offense, while trying to improve his mechanics in the offseason. 

Hopefully this is Lebeau's last season as DC here. I don't know who we need to hire, but our passing defense cannot get worse. I think Pagano was actually a good DC for the Ravens, he's just an awful HC, but I'm not going to go back and look up stats on it. Mularkey should get one more year, because we all know he's not going to be fired after this year if we have 12 more games like this, and then if he's still running the same down field passing attack with our west coast/spread offense QB in 2018, he needs to go as well.

I like a lot of things we do in the running game. There are a lot of concepts I like and there is some ingenuity to it. But in the passing game, we are literally designing our passing concepts around Mariota's weaknesses.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

And hire who?

Just wondering....who is the guy people think will solve our issues?

For the record, Im all for some rearranging of the defensive staff.  

Well, I'd definitely want to go younger.

So what's Monte Kiffin up to these days?

The fact that we paid Logan Ryan $10 Million a year to be our #1 Corner, and he wasn't shadowing Hopkins all game is absolutely unforgivable to me. It's not rocket science. You put your best corner on the other team's best receiver, and you DEFINITELY don't put Brice McCain on Hopkins. It's just insane that we all had these logical discussions in the offseason about how we could finally matchup well with our division rivals by putting Ryan on Hopkins. One thing that we didn't throw into the equation is that this defensive coaching staff apparently has no logic behind it. It was embarrassing how out coached we were on the defensive side of the ball. My biggest question is who the hell did we have Logan Ryan covering all game that we were worried about? Because Adoree was on Fuller most of the game and the trio of McCain, Adoree, and Sims all covered Hopkins at different points. How hard is it to have Logan shadow Hopkins all game? Not to mention the fact that Logan's versatility aids itself to doing just that, because he can play outside or in the nickel. It's just plain common sense. There's no other way I can put it.

As you guys can probably tell the defensive game planning today leaves me wanting to bang my head against a wall, and it's not something I'm going to forget any time soon. It's absolutely time to move on from LeBeau.

5 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

The fact that we paid Logan Ryan $10 Million a year to be our #1 Corner, and he wasn't shadowing Hopkins all game is absolutely unforgivable to me. It's not rocket science. You put your best corner on the other team's best receiver, and you DEFINITELY don't put Brice McCain on Hopkins. It's just insane that we all had these logical discussions in the offseason about how we could finally matchup well with our division rivals by putting Ryan on Hopkins. One thing that we didn't throw into the equation is that this defensive coaching staff apparently has no logic behind it. It was embarrassing how out coached we were on the defensive side of the ball. My biggest question is who the hell did we have Logan Ryan covering all game that we were worried about? Because Adoree was on Fuller most of the game and the trio of McCain, Adoree, and Sims all covered Hopkins at different points. How hard is it to have Logan shadow Hopkins all game? Not to mention the fact that Logan's versatility aids itself to doing just that, because he can play outside or in the nickel. It's just plain common sense. There's no other way I can put it.

As you guys can probably tell the defensive game planning today leaves me wanting to bang my head against a wall, and it's not something I'm going to forget any time soon. It's absolutely time to move on from LeBeau.

I do think that we need to take the price of Logan Ryan's contract out of conversation.  It's just the going rate for decent FA's now a days.  I don't think anyone thinks Allen Hurns is an elite WR, but he is getting paid about $10 million per year.  Just inflated contracts now a days.

But your original point is correct, why isn't he guarding Hopkins. Why isn't even Sims guarding him.  McCain?  I'd rather Kalen Reed line up across from him.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do think that we need to take the price of Logan Ryan's contract out of conversation.  It's just the going rate for decent FA's now a days.  I don't think anyone thinks Allen Hurns is an elite WR, but he is getting paid about $10 million per year.  Just inflated contracts now a days.

But your original point is correct, why isn't he guarding Hopkins. Why isn't even Sims guarding him.  McCain?  I'd rather Kalen Reed line up across from him.

I didn't mean for that to sound like I was upset with what we paid him. That's the going rate for starting CBs, and I have no problem with that at all.  It's the fact that we invested in him as a key piece to our secondary and didn't put him on their biggest receiving threat. It's just absolutely mind blowing and quite honestly I'd bet Jon Robinson is probably pretty pissed about it too. You bring in a guy like Logan Ryan with an idea of how he's going to be used to help your team win big games like this, and the coaching staff effectively took him out of the game completely by not lining him up against Hopkins every play. So, that's why I brought up the "Why did we spend big money" thing because our coaching staff made our best corner virtually useless in a game where we were playing the best WR in our division.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

And hire who?

Just wondering....who is the guy people think will solve our issues?

For the record, Im all for some rearranging of the defensive staff.  

If I had to choose -- i would roll the dice on McDaniels. And that's cuz I got a hot hand in the dice game 

6 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

And throwing underneath routes picks up easy yardage that we aren't getting

edit - my point is more that our offense's personnel is well geared to a quicker and shorter passing game. Why try to  fit a square peg in a round hole?

Cuz it's not exotic smashmouth if we do that.

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If I had to choose -- i would roll the dice on McDaniels. And that's cuz I got a hot hand in the dice game 

The toys we have on offense, I think he'd love to utilize them. I think his second coaching stint will be more successful. 

Archived