LB Ledarius Mack

DT Trevon McSwain

DT Lee Autry

CB Duke Shelley

CB Michael Joseph

S Marqi Christian

K Cairo Santo

11 minutes ago, G08 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ryan Nall is going to be playing FB for us..

I think you're right,  and I don't think he really needs to change anything phsyically for that role. One of the podcasts reminded me how often Pace has mentioned him in pressers, so he's on their minds at least. 

Your list looks mostly right, although I have the bad feeling that Piniero isn't going to be ready, also I have not heard a single thing about Ginn while a lot of plus news about Mooney. He is on like a 1m contract so wouldn't shock me to see him gone.  If that happens I think Wims sticks. 

The one position group that seems the least settled to me is CB. I think Johnson's health is all that could keep him from starting, and haven't heard that there's anything to define a big difference between the other guys competing.  What group are you the least confident predicting?

They are talking about starting Skrine at CB2 on week 1.   That would be bad.

Really disappointed Tolliver has not stepped up to claim that spot to date.  Burns and Roberson injuries seem to have really hurt the plan more than I initially thought.  

I think if Ifedi continues to look good in camp at G this week you try to resign him now rather than let him be a UFA next year and get priced out.   He is still young.   By doing this you have your interior OL in place for next 2-3 years and you can work on finding replacement OTs which is going to become really necessary, really fast, if it isn’t already.

I saw clips of Montgomery running.  He looks much faster/quicker than he did last year.  

I think they should declare a QB starter after this week or half way through next week, but still give back up significant reps because he is likely to play.  Like 65/35 split.     

ILB depth doesn’t look good.

WR highlights are kind of few and far between is concerning.  Early in camp should be all we are seeing as that is when their job is easiest.

I have decided to become a Horsted cheerleader.   I think he is a prime candidate for a talented guy who is likely to fall through cracks due to circumstance and situation rather than be developed into a starter in this league.   I always feel for those guys. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Holtz was really good in that FB role last year. I would just let him ride.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  Nall is not really a FB type.  He's just a big RB and IMHO up against CP for a RB spot.  Patterson has the big play potential that Nall may not.

Holtz is the "lunch bucket" kind of player you can use as a blocking TE or at FB when needed and he can catch well enough to keep around for TE depth.